Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm considering of getting my car chipped, car has 70 000 miles on it. it would definitelly be awesome getting around 190 hp then having 150 hp witk stock stuff.
I was searching around and seems like there is some issues when comes to installing those chips, does it do any harm to the engine at all (in other words - is it safe for the car)
It's my baby after all :wink: some people are having problems with their cars after getting chipped, why is that? not enough experienced tech who installed them? Should I go for GIAC at all or get something else? I know there are also chips for the transmission, do i have to put them both if I decide to chip my B5 ? what if i install only ECU chip and skip transmission one, due to low budget at the moment?
Thanks for advise

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
i have both the giac ecu and tip chips, and am pretty satisfied. if you can only afford 1, then get the ECU chip. i haven't had any problems with my car after getting chipped, though i've only been chipped for around 3k. many people have run it with no problems.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Yeah Dan(D.Passat00) can keep up with me now, if fact his car is faster then mine now, getting the 1.8T is a smart move, a wise investment!

Rich :wink:

PS Dan did you get my PM I sent you? :suspicio:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.