Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted awhile ago that I was having boost problems. All of a sudden one day I was only pushing 10 psi (previously 20 spike, holding 15 when I first installed my GIAC chip). I was told that I probably have a vacuum leak. Today I replaced the vacuum hoses and still the car only has 10 psi of boost and hesitates a lot. Even with the 10 psi of boost, the car does not move like it does with the stock chip pushing only 5 psi. What is wrong? What is my next step?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Which side of PA are you on; there are three Whitehalls listed in my atlas? If you are around Pittsburgh I can help you with a VAG COM scan. I have the shareware version of the software, but it will give us any codes.

Have you checked your diverter valve recently? It could be leaking.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live on the east side of the state. I did however go to the University of Pittsburgh. I wish I was still there, then you could VAG me. The diverter valve probably has about 1000 miles on it. I installed it shortly after getting chipped. It is an Audi TT diverter valve. I also tried the old stock diverter valve which worked fine with the chip and I have the same problem.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Sorry there, Panther. Hopefully you can find someone in your area to help out. Maybe you can give Auto-Zone a visit for a free scan; though with no CEL I don't know if they will find anything with their scanner. Have you checked the VAG-COM locator thread in the Information Forum?

I'd keep looking for other vacuum lines that you may have missed. Did you change them all?

Good luck.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I did. I believe with a AEB engine there are only two vacuum lines. The one between manifold and FPR, and the one that goes from the front of the manifold to the diverter valve. Is this correct?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
No. There are several more. They tend to be larger in diameter than the 2 you are referring to. One that seems to give a lot of trouble attaches below the intake manifold and has a formed-in elbow just before it connects to another line located just left of the coolant reservoir. There was a thread recently with a picture... Here it is (who says the search function is busted).

http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=80502&highlight=vacuum+line

Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.