Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My diverter valve creates great throttle response and performse well as a dv. I am thinking of purchasing a gfb hybrid. It an interesting valve that circulates 90% of the air back into the intake and releases 10% into the atmosphere, making a noticable pssshhh noise. Since the b5.5 dont have an open intake system it is difficult to creat a psshhhh noise with only a dv. Need your opinions.

·
Registered
182 Posts
SNAZ said:
My diverter valve creates great throttle response and performse well as a dv. I am thinking of purchasing a gfb hybrid. It an interesting valve that circulates 90% of the air back into the intake and releases 10% into the atmosphere, making a noticable pssshhh noise. Since the b5.5 dont have an open intake system it is difficult to creat a psshhhh noise with only a dv. Need your opinions.
Not sure if I understand the last part of you statement (Since the b5.5 don’t have an open intake system) meaning nothing on the market? If so I believe Evolution Motorsports does have a kit for that car. If that isn’t what you mean sorry. The Hybrid valve you are talking about is a very good valve in my opinion being that I used it for approximately half a year and loved it. You don’t necessarily need an open element intake to hear it but you don’t really appreciate it until you are pushing more boost like from a chip. It will sound “soft” especially with the location of the DV being at the bottom of the engine bay.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I've had the GFB Hybrid valve on my car since new and it works very well, I need to correct you on venting to atmosphere though, this valves vents 40% to atmoshpere.

P&P is right, unless you are chiped you will not get the full venting sound due to less boost but you still will hear it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Doesn't the use of a valve that vents air to the atmosphere make the engine run lean?? I've read on here that the computer calculates all of the air going back to the engine.

Jonathan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
jjasper13
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing