Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm deciding whether or not to get some cartoon work done, so what do you think? Pluses, minuses, etc.?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I end up getting one, it'll be on my left shoulder blade...

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I think they're trendy, tacky and silly - unless you can kick my ass - then I think it's original, cool and pure genius. ;)

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
A cartoon? Make sure it is something you are sure will be appropriate or at least pleasing as your tastes change. I draw my own tattoos and literally wait 3+ years to do them. I look at the drawings every few days and after those years if it still appeals to me I get it. Doing this has left me with only two tattoos. I have designed some (that other people ended up using) that after a few months just didn't appeal to me. I am going to get a new one this summer to commemorate an important event (to me) an I have had the drawing over my desk at work for 4 years. I'm sure I'm going to be happy with it.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Scuba2001 said:
not my style... but get it in a place that can be covered up in the future.
Definitely! You want to keep the option of showing it or not. The other thing is who are you doing it for? I get mine like I said to remind me of important things, not to show off. They are for me so I keep them on my torso where they can be covered easily.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have three tattoos, obviously I think they are fine but I agree with Spirare make sure you can live with it, thats a good idea with the pictures around you.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sullie said:
I think they're trendy, tacky and silly - unless you can kick my ass - then I think it's original, cool and pure genius. ;)
LMAO :lol: I've been called a lot of things, but this is the first for genius :wink:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Tatoos were cool when they were anti-social. Now every frat boy has barbed wire around a bicep or ankle and every sorority girl has some animal or a yin yang on her ass. Tattos are played IMHO.

But, if you want one, screw what I think and go for it.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Spirare said:
A cartoon? Make sure it is something you are sure will be appropriate or at least pleasing as your tastes change. I draw my own tattoos and literally wait 3+ years to do them. I look at the drawings every few days and after those years if it still appeals to me I get it. Doing this has left me with only two tattoos. I have designed some (that other people ended up using) that after a few months just didn't appeal to me. I am going to get a new one this summer to commemorate an important event (to me) an I have had the drawing over my desk at work for 4 years. I'm sure I'm going to be happy with it.
Cartoon is a slang for artwork/ink, etc. that I use; what I plan on getting is personal, and somewhat unique to a section of Glasgow... I've had a design in my head for a while, but need the artwork done so I can look at how it will potentially come out.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cerev1 said:
Tatoos were cool when they were anti-social. Now every frat boy has barbed wire around a bicep or ankle and every sorority girl has some animal or a yin yang on her ass. Tattos are played IMHO.
I know, that's one of the reasons against for me. It definitely won't be barbed wire/tribal bands...

·
Lisa Simpson
15,044 Posts
I stared at my design for over two years before I finally had it put down permanently. It is heritage-based, something that will never change about me. Not sure if I will get any more done, I wil have to come up with a design and stare at it like Spirare. ;) Maybe something about my little ones.

Stupid tats are played, I agree. But tats that tell a story about you or an event that changed you or your life are not.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^ So did you have a local artist do the drawing for you, or did you do it yourself? I'm absolute crap at drawing...

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
jasonmac said:
^ So did you have a local artist do the drawing for you, or did you do it yourself? I'm absolute crap at drawing...
I'll do it for you (the drawing not the tattoo). PM me with details.

·
Registered
305 Posts
:thumbdow: :thumbdow: Bad Idea, Ugly, Unoriginal :thumbdow: :thumbdow:

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sharky said:
I want one that says "Mother".
Aww, forget it now, you took my idea -- wait, does yours have a heart in it, might still be able to use that :wink:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
ummm...can you say HEPATITIS? :nervous:

consult your doctor before you go getting a tat.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
About this Discussion
61 Replies
38 Participants
flipsauce
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing