Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is in the body shop, and Progressive told me that they would be giving me a new door. I explained what the Alientech was, and looked like. I also asked them to remove and save it for me. However I am confident that they will forget, or that the bopdy shop will snever get the message. Even if they do, and I get the part back, will it be possible for me to re-install it on my new door once it has been installed once? or should I plan on purchasing a new one?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
If your door is being pulled off the bodyshop will save all the electrical equipment and just transfer it. When my front passenger door was caved in the bodyshop transferred my speakers, interior door piece, ambient lighting mod, and the window. Remember the more a bodyshop has to replace the more it will cost the insurance company and everyone wants to try and save as much money as possible.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Darold2002 said:

I totally forgot about that! Oh man, if they don't movie the Infinities over there will be hell to pay. Do you suggest I call and let them know, or is it safe to assume they will transer them over?
Well, they ain't gonna buy new OE parts to put in.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Don't count on it if you're going thru your insurance. If I were you I would go to the body shop and get the speaker and Alientech yourself. Do not depend on them to do it or else you might lose an alientech while someone in their shop mysteriously finds one in his own car...

It is your car, tell the body shop that you want to get your personal stuff out of it. If they give you some kind of crap like "you can't touch the car for insurance reasons" take your car to another body shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.