Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Complete build thread =D

Well, finally got around to coming home from Afghanistan. Got my new suspension in, bought some wheels and pulled off my bumpers and sides so I can paint them.

Pulling the motor in the morning =D gt2871r SAY WHA!?

Tell me she doesn't look good. I Dare you ;)

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll keep posting pics as work gets finished. Almost done with the front bumper and sides. Rear will happen tomorrow while my friends pull the motor.

-New rods, bearings/head gasket/head studs
-gt2871r kit
-Shaved front and rear bumpers
-Votex lip on the front.

·
Old Man Tan
3,685 Posts
at this rate, it doen't look like you need help :lol: although i am kind of surprised you're completely ripping to motor apart for a 2871. i wouldn't really worry about it unless you stepped up to a 30-sized turbo. but i guess overbuilding it is never a bad thing.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
looks like your missing a few parts :lol:. should be nice when all done. keep us posted and good luck :thumbup:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll be here all week working on this if anyone wants to swing by, take a peek, drink a beer. I'm gonna post up some body kit pictures tonight

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Welcome back! Thanks for your service, and making it home safe n sound!
Coming home from a deployment with tons of parts waiting for you, is the greatest feeling, ENJOY! Keep us in the loop :thumbup:

-Joe

:mad:
;)
:D

·
Thinks He is Slick
4,483 Posts
Welcome back! Cant wait until you are finished! Good luck on the engine haha we just pulled mine out last night as well! :)

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd love to be able to tell ya, I picked them up from Alex (b5.5passat) in CT a while back. Finally got around to fixing em up and mounting them.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any-whoozle, I got a little side tracked this morning right after I started bondo. But I plastic welded the body kit lip on, then as you can see removed the rub strips. I then cut out the protruding plastic parts behind where the rub strip sits and fill in the area with spray foam so the bondo has something to sit on when I bondo over them. Used a guitar string to cut the spray foam even with the bumper then hit it with my palm sander and 220 grit to clean up any foam particles that would interfere with a slick looking bondo job. Gonna finish up the bondo tomorrow and finish sanding it, More pictures to come!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update:

So, I started finishing more of the bondo work for the front lip, I got a lot more sanding to do but from these pictures you can see how its starting to shape. I'm gonna do another coat of bondo just to fill in the little pot marks and get a finally "body to lip" connection so it looks like 1 piece when its painted. Lemme know how ya'll feel about it! I'm hoping to have this done and primered in the morning and set aside with the rest of the parts to paint. Rear to come!

·
Resident a-hole knowitall
15,715 Posts
if your around on thursday me and vangelder will be in your neck of the woods, we will swing by if your around maybe lend a hand :)

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Definately man! I'm gonna be here doing this all week! haha Gotta have my fun while I'm home, got a keg of beer in the Garage chillin that we can make good use of too! haha 508 596 6434, just jet me a text

·
Resident a-hole knowitall
15,715 Posts
when are you heading out again? and we will get in touch, your in worcester right?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah next town over from worcester(shrewsbury) I head back out on the 16 in the morning. So I'm trying to get as much done as I can before I go.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts