Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just took my ECU and TCU out today, sending both out to get GIAC tuned...ill let ya'll know how it goes, but im sure its gonna have something to do with me with a big smile and a quickly emptied gas tank...

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ECU and TCU came back today...for some reason GIAC couldn't send the TCU part, so im gonna have to wait awhile for it...but I did get the ECU flashed, probably installing tomm...should be fun

·
wants you to raise up your car.
4,329 Posts
Oh yeah! You're going to love it, that's all I'm going to say. And you'll go threw your tanks of gas really fast for the next month

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,475 Posts
Why didn't you just drive to VA or PA to get it done in minutes? The acadamy sucking up that much of your time?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
these last few weekends i haven't been able to get time to drive to a tuner between tournaments and football games...many of them had specials for h20 that i just couldn't pass up, so i shipped them and was only able to get the ECU done...does anyone know why the GIAC tip chip is unavailable? i was really looking forward to getting it with the chip...

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOW...this thing feels like a v6 now...stronger but still has the peppyness i liked about the 1.8T...now im hooked...think im gonna buy a APR TIP and an EVOMS V intake since someone is selling on votex...

good god im gonna be poor haha...pay more taxes...i need you all to support my habit :D

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,475 Posts
You're not going to get much more power if any out of the two items you just mentioned. You probably won't even notice.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
understood...im pretty happy with the power for now...just lookin to dress the engine up a bit and make some noise...i know i sound ricer-ish, but it seems like a good deal

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,475 Posts
understood...im pretty happy with the power for now...just lookin to dress the engine up a bit and make some noise...i know i sound ricer-ish, but it seems like a good deal
Oh, well if that's all, then go for it! The next thing to do for more percieved power would be to open up the exhaust a little. Then big tubro.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yup...i really want to keep the K03...i know a K04 is probably considered a bolt on, but i think thats going a bit too far for my wants/tastes at this point...

speaking of exhaust...BmF Tech of Annapolis and quoted me on a stainless steel custom 3" catback for about $850...sounds about right price wise...any suggestions on local custom shops in the area? just curious...

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
yup...i really want to keep the K03...i know a K04 is probably considered a bolt on, but i think thats going a bit too far for my wants/tastes at this point...

speaking of exhaust...BmF Tech of Annapolis and quoted me on a stainless steel custom 3" catback for about $850...sounds about right price wise...any suggestions on local custom shops in the area? just curious...
3" exhaust is gonna be loud as hell FYI.

If you dont ever plan to go anything bigger than a K04, then 3" would also be a waste, 2.5 would be better suited for you, or even 2.25 with more free flowing mufflers would work too.

My exhaust system consists of 2.25" piping, Magnaflow universal aluminum muffler at the rear, I replaced the center resonator with a 16" glasspack, and a 2.5 test pipe, it's plenty loud for my needs and it only cost me about 400 ish, thats parts and labor.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks for the update...im not looking for a real loud exhaust...just want one that will free up some power and be sportier sounding...guess im gonna have to do some more research. thanks for the help

1 - 20 of 21 Posts