Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Generating More Intrest: DTMautohaus Carbon Fiber Boeser B5.5 Hoods! $600

Ok so i was ordering some stickers from DTMautohaus. Spoke with Triston earlier today and i asked them if they are going to make any Carbon Fiber Hoods for the b5.5 passats. They said no, But if i can round up a group of people that are interested in getting it we can have them fabricate us the prerelease DTMkarbon fiber hoods BOESER!! I noe after everyone seeing Nuisance's CFH Ive notice many people talking bout the carbon fiber hood KRAZEness so. They said since they havent made any yet they said for the prerelease if i can get at least 20 names They can make us the Boeser CFH's for $400!!!!!! Now all i need to do is submit a list after i get 20+ They said after this prerelease they will most likely continue to make them but theyre going to be retailed at $800. So Let me get some feedback if your interested let me know cuz i know i am VERY interested Specially with DTM's Great Products for the audi Boeser and the BMW hoods. So what do you guys say? Only thing is we have to be patient because they have to get the molding and everything done. But better start now n put your names if we want them asap!!! But comon guys $400 for a Boeser hood? Cant seriously beat that....

heres some of there products:
http://www.m1autosport.com/abv2/pages/DTMKARBONFILES/hoods_a4.html

1. eCks
2. Rasdub
3. dynamo_kyiv_ua
4. 1.8T2003B5
5. rollininstyle2004
6. 1fish2fish
7. AntWrig
8. Alpharedopassat
9. keunee
10. Düb Rüss
11. EZirl
12. nooooooooooooobie
13. AlexF50B
14. pass01
15. Tree
16. v_dubin
17. wutangclan3155
20. ycharlie

http://passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222458
I just spoke with a rep from dtm

he said he didnt expect this much attention from the passats haha common guys we gotta show him whats up.

he said if he gets around 20 people that are really intrested in this they would start development/production.

Give him a call and let him know your intrested!!
Tristan
626-442-0318

Update
Final cost is going to be $600 with a $400 dollar deposit

600 BUCKS!! its a steal of a deal

Update
Here are a few things that you could tell the other guys who are interested on purchasing the hood.

-Total cost for the DTM Karbon Passat B5.5 carbon hood is total cost$600+tax and whatever fee. The deposit $412 (including paypal fee) could be send to [email protected] once we can get 20 participants. If we don't get 20 participants we'll have to increase the price depending on how many people we get.
-Each person will get a sales recepiet from DTM Autohaus with the amount deposited, if we go forward with the group buy then there will be no refund on the deposit, unless we cannot complete the project.
(We organize the participaits on the first come first serve base, we will deilver the hood in order the payment is recevied)
-The hood will weight at around 15-20 pounds.
-The hood will have a strong latch that will function with the factory latch, however all DTM Karbon fiber hood require hood pins for safety purposes.
-The prototype product will be shown to and finalize by participants before manufacturing.
-The entire process will take approximinly 2-3 months before the final proudct is finish.

Please let me know if they have any more questions.

Kingson Tse
Sales Manager
DTM AutoHaus / M1 Autosport / DTM Karbon
www.dtmautohaus.com / www.m1autosport.com / www.dtmkarbon.com
11668 Ramona Blvd
El Monte Ca 91732
Tel: 6264420319
Fax: 6264423369
please let me know if you send a deposite so i can update the list

here's what a boeser looks like incase you were wondering (this isnt a product from DTM)

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I might be interested if I could figure out what to do with my kamei grill. Throw me some ideas. Maybe the body shop could cut into it to get the boser to fit. Just dont want to change it much since i like the look with votex lower. maybe just lose the kamei entirely with the boser.

I'd be painting the cf hood definitely. mainly interested because it dissipates heat more correct? I will be supercharged by the end of the year hopefully.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also have a kamei grill so Im going to make sure/hope that it'll fit correctly (being that I'm going to most likely be a beta tester if everything goes well.)

usually painting a hood is anywhere from 80-200 dollars depending on the job done and who does it.

let me know if you want me to add you to the list

tristan also added that its going to be a 400 dollar deposit and the total cost is going to be $600

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
I also have a kamei grill so Im going to make sure that it'll fit correctly (being that I'm going to be a beta tester if everything goes well.)
x3 on the Kamei fitment...although i wouldnt be opposed to switching to a Hoefele or something similar with a Boeser. I never liked thoose before because i thought it was too much mesh for the front grill, but with a Boeser it wouldnt be as bad.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea but if you look at the stock hood it ends right on top of the grill.

and to make the boeser you would have to extend it a bit to get over the headlights so i think it would fit. ill give him a call on monday and see whats up

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
yea but if you look at the stock hood it ends right on top of the grill.

and to make the boeser you would have to extend it a bit to get over the headlights so i think it would fit. ill give him a call on monday and see whats up
Even if it does fit with the Kamei i still think it would look odd because you would not have a grill with a border only around 3 sides...

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I am interested but I would want it to be painted the OEM Stonehedge grey.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
im sure you could get that done locally, for not that much extra. this group buy is going to be for the hood in carbon fiber unpainted.

are you in?

1 - 20 of 144 Posts