Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,983 Posts
Well, it's not it's ENTIRE U.S. workforce, only the hourly guys.
Thank you for clarifying that, Paul. GM employs 284,000 people worldwide - and half of them are in the US workforce. So, of 142,000 U.S. employees, about half have been offered the buyout option.

Jeez, let Toyota sell more cars than you for one year and look at what happens ...

(Also, who remembers "What's good for the Generalis good for the U.S."? Anyone scared yet?)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
General Motors offered lucrative buyouts Tuesday to 74,000 employees - its entire U.S. hourly workforce.
Jesus christo i shortened it to fit, knowing. No hoping you guys would click the linky.

·
Registered
823 Posts
their trying to get rid of the unions so that they can actually pay the standard wages and benefits, not the union wages and benefits. thats one problem that both ford and GM are having

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
their trying to get rid of the unions so that they can actually pay the standard wages and benefits, not the union wages and benefits. thats one problem that both ford and GM are having
This is exactly what they're doing.

I think they should axe all the over paid execs as well. In fact, I personally think some of the GM executives should be in prison for running a company that size into the ground while taking huge bonuses.

I would rather see this country fail and be invaded by Canadians before any government support gets thrown towards GM.

·
Banned
2,235 Posts
I guess I'm part of the problem, because I'd never buy another GM built shitbox, but I do feel a little bad for the folks who will be out of jobs.

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
I guess I'm part of the problem, because I'd never buy another GM built shitbox, but I do feel a little bad for the folks who will be out of jobs.
How are you part of the problem? Taking advantage of a free market and not buying crap?

GM Execs (and the greedy UAW) brought all this on themselves. They could of built better cars, they could of taken some of the billions put into marketing into engineering. They could of not paid themselves huge bonuses " just 'cuz we feel we deserve it".

We're the country that developed the following:

F22 Raptor
M1 Abrams
Best Aircraft Carriers ever
Atomic Bomb
Saturn V

Come on, we're capable of producing great cars. GM, Ford, and Chrysler CHOSE not to build good cars and fill their personal pockets.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
How are you part of the problem? Taking advantage of a free market and not buying crap?

GM Execs (and the greedy UAW) brought all this on themselves. They could of built better cars, they could of taken some of the billions put into marketing into engineering. They could of not paid themselves huge bonuses " just 'cuz we feel we deserve it".

F22 Raptor
M1 Abrams
Atomic Bomb
Saturn V

Come on, we're capable of producing great cars. GM, Ford, and Chrysler CHOSE not to build good cars and fill their personal pockets.
It`s a shame that you don`t do that...:D

·
Registered
3,270 Posts

F22 Raptor
M1 Abrams
Atomic Bomb
Saturn V

Not to mention the Saturn ION...

·
Registered
11,874 Posts
Some of those guys make 28 bucks an hour, that seems like alot to me for manual labor.

On a side note, GM is spending 69M to retool its Duramax Diesel engine factory.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts