Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
GM has some wood trim that has a really cheap looking matte finish -- looks fake from a mile away.
Also Hyundai used to have wood that has a really wierd color -- like mustard/pea soup puke. :puke:

Lexus always has the nicest wood trim in their cars -- very tasteful and rich looking, with just the right amount of gloss. The blonde birds eye maple trim in the SC430 is my favorite -- a nice change from the all to common burled walnut or rosewood.

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
chucchinchilla said:
Yeah but cheap wood that's paper thin. I wouldn't worry about the Taurus' interior since it's being replaced next year. Title should say worst*
The Passat will be replaced fairly soon too.

I guess you'd like Passat wood trim dashes to be lined with 2 X 4's instead of the thin stuff?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Sharky said:
chucchinchilla said:
Yeah but cheap wood that's paper thin. I wouldn't worry about the Taurus' interior since it's being replaced next year. Title should say worst*
The Passat will be replaced fairly soon too.

I guess you'd like Passat wood trim dashes to be lined with 2 X 4's instead of the thin stuff?
No, but how about a wood panel that doesn't crack from regular use.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
You running out of things to pick fights over? Interior trim is probably the most subjective item on a car (as determined by me, of course :lol: ).

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
The wood's not horribly bad, but come on, that steering wheel!! Now THAT's bad.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.