Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

Did any one who trying to change the 2006 PASSAT 2.0TFSI gear lever from the stock 'T' style to DSG style or any other aftermarket style?

I know it is so complicated as the mechanism may totally in different inside but the DSG style gear knob is really cool...

I'm actually located in Hong Kong and I asked the DCH before, they quoted for the parts about HK$ 5,100 !!! plus labour cost $1xxx but dat was only for the Golf models n they don't sure if it will fit for my Passat.....

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Dragontimlo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dear Terence,

Thx for your suggestion :) . I actually got the lovely web from my friend : ' TM TUNING' and contact them for help.... since they have the OEM MK5 DSG Shiftknob for parts but they reply as follows:

" Hello Tim,
I dont believe that it will fit the Passat, I remember having a previous customer that attempted to install it and it did not work.

There is no other knobs that I know of that will work besides other then the same OEM year and type shift knobs. The only other knobs I know of that work from the OEM selection are the wood types. "

Dat means I have to wait if there's any OEM R36 DSG shiftknob is available at least in Germany.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Dear Terence,

Thx for your suggestion :) . I actually got the lovely web from my friend : ' TM TUNING' and contact them for help.... since they have the OEM MK5 DSG Shiftknob for parts but they reply as follows:

" Hello Tim,
I dont believe that it will fit the Passat, I remember having a previous customer that attempted to install it and it did not work.

There is no other knobs that I know of that will work besides other then the same OEM year and type shift knobs. The only other knobs I know of that work from the OEM selection are the wood types. "

Dat means I have to wait if there's any OEM R36 DSG shiftknob is available at least in Germany.
Yeap, I think the one from R36 would look nicer too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
HKB5variant
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing