Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called up to order the Kamei Grill for the GP setup by evacboy and inquired about a GB for the eyelids. They were happy to do so. Plus if you're on the GP for the grill and get the eyelids, you can save on shipping costs.

What: Kamei Upper / Lower Eyelids for the B5.5
When: Starting today (Jan 13th, 2003), until Jan 25th, 2003.
Who: PGP Performance. 1-888-806-7978

Cost: Combination of 10 or more orders. For example, if you buy both the upper and lower eyelids that counts as 2 orders.
Upper - $68 CDN ($43 US)
Lower - $64 CDN ($41 US)
Shipping is $23 CDN ($15 US) for UPS Ground. $30 CDN ($20 US) for UPS 3-Day
If you're on the GP for the grill, then you can combine shipping for an extra $10 CDN ($6 US)

Post your intention to purchase in this thread. Call up PG Performance at 1-888-806-7978 and ask to buy through the Clubb5 Group Buy. There's two GB's going on right now, so you'll have to specify the eyelid GB unless you want both the grill and the eyelids like me.

The current list of buyers:
1) Me - upper
2) Me - lower
3) kamper - upper
4) kamper - lower
5) joma - upper
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

If you have questions please post them here. We have until the 25th to get 10 orders in.

[Modified by saejin, 8:48 PM 1/13/2003]

<![CDATA[I called up to order the Kamei Grill for the GP setup by evacboy and inquired about a GB for the eyelids. They were happy to do so. Plus if you're on the GP for the grill and get the eyelids, you can save on shipping costs.

What: Kamei Upper / Lower Eyelids for the B5.5
When: Starting today (Jan 13th, 2003), until Jan 25th, 2003.
Who: PGP Performance. 1-888-806-7978

Cost: Combination of 10 or more orders. For example, if you buy both the upper and lower eyelids that counts as 2 orders.
Upper - $68 CDN ($43 US)
Lower - $64 CDN ($41 US)
Shipping is $23 CDN ($15 US) for UPS Ground. $30 CDN ($20 US) for UPS 3-Day
If you're on the GP for the grill, then you can combine shipping for an extra $10 CDN ($6 US)

Post your intention to purchase in this thread. Call up PG Performance at 1-888-806-7978 and ask to buy through the Clubb5 Group Buy. There's two GB's going on right now, so you'll have to specify the eyelid GB unless you want both the grill and the eyelids like me.

The current list of buyers:
1) Me - upper
2) Me - lower
3) kamper - upper
4) kamper - lower
5) joma - upper
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

If you have questions please post them here. We have until the 25th to get 10 orders in.

[Modified by saejin, 8:48 PM 1/13/2003]

[Modified by saejin, 7:58 AM 1/15/2003]

·
Registered
648 Posts
Re: GB: Kamei Upper/Lower Eyelids for B5.5 - $58/$56 US Shipped (saejin)

How much is the grill?

·
Registered
1 Posts

Count me in for 2 orders (upper and lower).

Can anybody tell me how/how much to get them painted? Or if I can buy the paint myself? thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts

I'm in for the upper for B5.5. One question about the grill. Does it come with the mini kamei badge? If it does i am in for the grill also.

Thanks,

Jody

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: GB: Kamei Upper/Lower Eyelids for B5.5 - $58/$56 US Shipped (joma)

Yes it does come with the mini badge. Post your intent to buy on the GP thread so evacboy can update his list. When you call PGPerformance, just let them know you're in for both GB's.

Thanks.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Could someone post this GB on VWVORTEX. It should be OK according to PGPerformance since they are a sponsor.

Melanie, could you let us know how many people have placed their orders. Thanks.

·
Registered
245 Posts

I may be interested, but can you guys/gals help me out. Is Kamei the only one that makes the upper/lower lids?...what about Mattig? What are the differences? Thanks.

Greg

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: GB: Kamei Upper/Lower Eyelids for B5.5 - $58/$56 US Shipped (mr P)

For this price, I don't think you can get any other eyelids. But to answer your question, I don't know who else makes them.

·
Registered
120 Posts

I just ordered the upper eyelid and grill. They mentioned i was the 7th person who paid for the grill.

thanks,

Jody

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Re: GB: Kamei Upper/Lower Eyelids for B5.5 - $58/$56 US Shipped (mr P)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I may be interested, but can you guys/gals help me out. Is Kamei the only one that makes the upper/lower lids?...what about Mattig? What are the differences? Thanks.

Greg<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kamei makes the separate eyelids, upper and lower.

Mattig makes a headlight MASK, not eyelids. General consensus on this forum has been that they aren't too appealing, unless you've got HIDs. Even then, people don't like them too much.

But don't go with what I say. Do a search on Mattig and you'll find pictures of the headlight and tail-light masks that they make.

·
Registered
914 Posts

hey saejin, is there anyway to get the eyelids for the B5's on this GB? thanks

Anthony

·
Registered
3,399 Posts

Saejin, I might join in on this GB in the last min. I need to call PG Performance and ask if they also sell the Mattig rear window spoiler for B5.5. If they do, I will probably purchase both the spoiler and lower eyelids.

Jacob

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: GB: Kamei Upper/Lower Eyelids for B5.5 - $58/$56 US Shipped (vwpassatboy)

Give them a call. I didn't set it up for the B5 style, but they might let you purchase them instead and apply your purchase towards the GB total. If so let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: GB: Kamei Upper/Lower Eyelids for B5.5 - $58/$56 US Shipped (asiancuttie78)

There's plenty of pics around the forum. Just do a search for Kamei and you'll find them.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Re: GB: Kamei Upper/Lower Eyelids for B5.5 - $58/$56 US Shipped (asiancuttie78)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>anyone with pics of these installed?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Here's a pic of aldolicious77's car with the JE Front Spoiler and the Kamei eyelids

·
Registered
29 Posts
Re: GB: Kamei Upper/Lower Eyelids for B5.5 - $58/$56 US Shipped (lbpassat)

Hello all,
Just to keep you updated...

We have received orders from:
1) saejin
2) saejin
3) joma

We still have this whole week, but the sooner we reach order # 10, the sooner we can start shipping... call us at 1-888-806-7978 to place your order.

Because we have several B5 eyelids in stock, we can include them in this group buy as well which should help you get up to #10 faster...

Pricing will be:

Kamei # 44136

GB price $68 CDN (approx. $43 US)

Kamei # 44137

GB price $68 CDN (approx. $43 US)

I will watch this post and keep you updated as things progress on our end...

- Melanie

1 - 20 of 59 Posts