Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many questions on getting the inner rings for a affordable price

With these you will need to MOD your own inner tail lights (its fairly easy i did it myself in less then an hour)

Here is my little DIY with pictures and ect on what you can do and what needs to be done:
VWVortex.com - Skyline look Tails (Donut mod & marker delete)

Basically we will need at least 5 to order these as the seller bc doesn't normally sell the inner rings so you can DIY the price will be 75$ a set shipped.

The date we plan to place the order will be Monday 14th

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Didn't the Magotan come with led rear tailights?

All passats came with LED outter tail lights (ones on the fenders) but they don't come with the LED ring inside of the INNER tail lights (the ones on the trunk)

This GB is only for the INNER tail light LED ring.

This is the way your tails look from the factory without any mods:

if you want a single donut you need to clip a wire (and possibly make vagcom changes)..... you get this:

Then for the skyline look you need to add the LEDs to the inner ring: (the inner rings are what is for sale in this GB)

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$75 shipped for both inner lights with LEDs? If this is correct, I would be very interested in the group buy.
No, this is just for the LED rings, you will need to modify your own inner tail light housing. Its pretty simple to do, all u need is a heat gun or blow dryer and a wide flat head screw driver

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
was trying to wait and see if the people tht posted responded and if we could get a couple more guys interested

bc right now we have only 1 person

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hey Bill, I am definietly down for this mod. Its about time I start undertaking in some mod son the ride. Please keep me informed in regards to this GB. Thx.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts