Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first let me start off by saying that I have nothing against Homosexuals. The guy that babysits my dog is gay and at the salon that my girlfriend works at, all of the male stylists and the receptionist are gay. They are a cool bunch of guys. Her boss is the typical french gay stylist/artist he even wears a little silk scarf around his neck all the time but he is pretty cool he takes us out to eat and go watch movies all the time. Any ways enough about that, I don't have a problem with kids on tv being gay but last night I saw School of Rock (which it did rock) and they have a little gay kid in the movie that designs the costumes for the band, then I saw a few episodes of Oliver Bean and they have a little gay kid on that show too that loves fashion and hair. WTF??? Are all homosexuals on tv being shown as fashion and hair gods? I don't get it? Do all tv shows have to have one stereotypical gay guy? On Dawson's Creek they had a gay guy that seemed more real, just a regular guy that likes guys. In the movie Saving Silverman Jack Black and his coach were gay but they seemed normal nothing like what is being portraid on tv now. chime in guys and gals what do you think about it? Also when somebody acts gay what does that really mean?

·
Registered
132 Posts
For the Boston-New York AIDS Ride 2-4, I was heavily involved with organizing and running the tech team keeping all those bicycles going. As a result of being a part of the event I got to see a wide variety of people of all types.

The most fun were the guys who just lived up their 'gayness' during the event, and outside of it, you would never know.

For example, I know a stockbroker in New York that looks, sounds, and acts like the very typical male you meet in any business. However, from the time my wife picked him up at the train station, he wanted to show his painted toenails and sported a nametag of "Anita Husband".

Even after long days ending in the early morning hours, this guy could always raise our spirits with a joke.

I wonder how many people live their life feeling so oppressed and those around them never know the real person inside. Who cares if he's gay, he is a riot to be with and helped make a very hard job a lot of fun.

The fact that the media, pop culture, television, and other icons of what is 'politically correct' don't seem to allow people to be themselves is a sad fact.

Then again, different seems to scare a lot of people.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just think that it is so wrong for them (tv) to protray these kids the way they do. another question. How would you feel if a gay guy/girl touches your significant other? You really know that they are gay, but would it still bother you?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just think that it is so wrong for them (tv) to protray these kids the way they do. another question. How would you feel if a gay guy/girl touches your significant other? You really know that they are gay, but would it still bother you?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sharky said:
I'm quite confident there are many gay people that have nothing to do with hair styling or costume design.
And -- get this -- there are straight guys who ARE into hair styling and fashion. What a crazy world we live in!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Liberals have a quiet agenda. This is how we have slowly began showing more and more gays on TV. They try to make them cute and likeable. Women like to see men as sissy hairstylists and fashion designers. That's how they get in the door. Ever see Will & Grace?? It's more acceptible for them to act that way. Give it time and they will have TV taken over. Once they get television in their pockets, homosexuality will spread(possibly already has) like wildfire. I don't know if you sensed it or not, I do not condone homosexuality.

Jonathan

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
and when you least expect it jonathan, we want to bend you over and have our way with you. :poke: :p :D

please attempt to get a grip on your self. :evil:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
:shock:

I can not believe I just read that.

Gays taking over televison? Who's next the blacks and latinos?
*checks TV Guide, sees George Lopez and one of the Wayons brothers on the cover*

AHHHH!!! It's too late! Run for the hills!!!
:roll:

jjasper13, do you even know any gay people?

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
jjasper13 said:
Liberals have a quiet agenda. This is how we have slowly began showing more and more gays on TV. They try to make them cute and likeable. Women like to see men as sissy hairstylists and fashion designers. That's how they get in the door. Ever see Will & Grace?? It's more acceptible for them to act that way. Give it time and they will have TV taken over. Once they get television in their pockets, homosexuality will spread(possibly already has) like wildfire. I don't know if you sensed it or not, I do not condone homosexuality.

Jonathan
OMG!!! I didn't even notice, but after watching the Queer Eye for the Straight Guy marathon on TV I suddenly became shamelessly GAY!!! HELP!!! THE LIBERALS HAVE BRAINWASHED ME!!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I didn't say fashion designers are sissys. I said women like to see them as sissys. I have known some gay people. None that I ever communicate with regularly. I don't hate somebody because they're gay, but I don't condone the lifestyle and choose not to befriend any. Gays ARE slowly taking over television and movies. And they're doing a much better job than blacks and latinos. At least gays haven't stooped to gay entertainment television or the gay oscars. Many shows now seem to feature at least one gay character. Why?? Not because mainstream America has a desire to see it. Because there are powerful homosexual agendas in Hollywood which get homosexual characters on tv. The more America sees it, the more they will accept it. The more we accept it, the more we'll make laws promoting it. Check out the gay marriage issue right now. I'm seeing it right in front of my eyes. I'm merely stating my observations which I believe to be true. Vdub, don't blame my comments on Kentucky. I'm sure nobody in Texas shares them.

Jonathan

·
Registered
902 Posts
jjasper13 said:
]Gays ARE slowly taking over television and movies. And they're doing a much better job than blacks and latinos.
Wow, so you think it's a conspiracy to get us to allow gay people?

Wow, I guess we already bought into the conspiracy of allowing black and latino people, or did we?

It's interesting, that you brought up blacks and latinos in the media. You don't think gay people are facing stereotypes that blacks and lationos have and are dealing with?

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Wow, I guess we already bought into the conspiracy of allowing black and latino people, or did we?
Joker, don't you ever, EVER put Blacks and Latinos or whoever that was actually born of any race to be SAME as GAYS.

There are nor will there ever be a physical characteristics of being born GAY (unless of course you happen to have birthmark with the letters G A Y)

Saying "I was born gay" is like me having a bumper sticker "Born to Ride"

JJASPER, I think your waaayyy to much on the otherside of the spectrum. I hope that your statement
At least gays haven't stooped to gay entertainment television or the gay oscars.
was just a mistype. Otherwise I would think you are a racist

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
here jonathan, you're having a bit of trouble being clear, I think this picture represents how you feel:

Mods, if I'm out of line, just let me know. I mean this in fun, though I think it does accurately depict the arguement so far.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
@jjasper13 - of course you can have any opinion you wish. You can even tell others about it. Just don't expect *anyone* to agree with you.

Personally, I think you're trolling for a reaction.

IB4TL.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Guys,

I am not prejudice toward any man based solely on the color of his skin. Nobody can control what color his skin is. Although many will disagree, I believe(and have heard this from some gay people as well) that being homosexual is a choice and not a genetic characteristic. Now, what I said about BET and the Black Oscars was true. If that isn't reverse racism, I don't know what is. There are scholarships for people of color, where I went to college there were Miss Ebony pageants. I think there is a Miss Black USA. What would the black popluation do if we started a white entertainment TV, if we started an all white Miss America, if we gave white only scholarships. There would be a media frenzy and riots galore.

Wow, so you think it's a conspiracy to get us to allow gay people?
Since I believe being gay is a choice, then yes, I believe that it is an effort to influence the general public into believing that being gay is just as normal as being heterosexual(which I don't).

There is no such conspiracy with blacks, latinos, or any other race. Do all of these people(including gays) face stereotypes. Sure. But I'm not trying to group them together in any way. I think Andrew brought up blacks and latinos. By the way, I love George Lopez and Dave Chapelle.

Oh, and Jimbob, your picture is just a tad more blunt than what I'm trying to get at, but nevertheless, I agree with it.

Jonathan

·
Registered
237 Posts
Pete, you're pretty astute. I do like to get reactions from people and sometimes say junk just for a reaction. BUT, in this case I'm really just trying to objectively state my opinions. Perhaps my methods are less than perfect. I know many people who share my opinions on this subject, but it doesn't look like they drive Passats.

Jonathan

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Jonathan, so it's acceptable to discriminate against a group who make a choice to do something you don't agree with? I guess by that logic then it's o.k. to discriminate against people who are a different religion than you are. That was their choice, right?

Man, that is some scary shit right there. :nervous:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts