Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i asked earlier this week about putting gauges in my 04 passat and a few peopele were nice enough to send me some websites that might help me but i have a few problems. i cant use the a-pillars due to the curtain bag and i really dont wanna get rid of the double din monsoon head unit cause i will also lose my steering wheel controls. anyone out there know of any custom shops near michigan or any manufacturer who might be able to help me?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Well there is still the steering column pod. Autometer makes a single and a dual gauge steering column pod. If you just need one or two that would work. Also, people are still using the a-pillar pods on B5.5 (with side curtain airbags). I've got one ordered and I'll be putting it in as soon as I get it. As long as you don't screw it into pillar you should be fine. Just use some type of adhesive. People with A pillar pods that have gotten in wrecks have not had a problem with deployment or getting hit by the pod. Someone posted some pics on here a while back. Of course if you want something like a triple gauge A pillar pod I'd get something else. Given the length it could smack you in the event of a deployment. I can't think of any custom setups for more than 1 gauge. I've seen the single gauage in the air vent trick but nothing for triple gauges. I guess you could go with the dual column pod and a single A pillar pod. Wish I could help more.

·
Registered
745 Posts
how many gauges do u wanna get? If u only want 1 (the turbo gauge for ex) you can get a steering wheel pod, the gauge will stay over ur steering wheel (looks very stock) and it looks pretty nice.. for the pod go to www.ecstuning.com (others prob told u this already).. if u want more than 1 then i am sorry i cant help u :) GL

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
You can use the A-pillar. The air bag is at the top end and would come down at the window. There is also a strap that holds the A-pillar from flying out at you. Right now I have a new A-pillar coming and I am going to put the Pod on and then to have new fabric put on so it looks factory!
As soon as it is all done I will post pics. :wink:
It is only recomended that you dont do it so these companys cover there ass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.