Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my first over $40 fill-up.:banghead: I wonder if motorcycle sales are going through the roof?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Probably.... stupid people keeping their cars AND buying scooters/motorcycles to "save" them money. It would take them years and years of driving for the motorcycles to pay for themselves in gas savings.

Eventually, $3/gal will be the norm and people will get used to it.

·
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One easy way to ~double your gas milage is to car pool with someone to work!

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
$4.00? People in Georgia would be happy to see $4.00!

·
Registered
930 Posts
Altair 4 said:

Yeah that pic is all over the news.. check gasbuddy.com.. it's currently up to as high as 3.99 in Atlanta right now. As for the pic you attached, that's an example of that station price gouging and hopefully they will be punished.

Edit: doh, within the time I went back to check it's already reporting 4.99 in atlanta at some stations.. price gouging or possibly a sign of what's to come. So consider $3 something for premium a steal right now.

·
Registered
930 Posts
okay screw it, now the 4.99 has been removed from the site.. someone must be screwing around and posting bogus prices. I also noticed someone posted 0.05 a gallon price as well.

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,316 Posts
I just dropped 3.159 a gallon at a Shell station that was currently at 2.95 about a week ago......that "V" better do some good. Darn good thing I only do it once every few fill-ups.

·
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
passatfish said:
$.34 in 2 days? Thats NOTHING......Try $1.25 increase in less than 1 day here in ATL!!!
Gotta love capitalism at work. Someone is making a lot of money off of this, but whom?

·
Registered
752 Posts
yeah I heard if someone farts they raise prices...what a F___ING SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone want to enlighten me as to when the gulf coast started to be our #1 oil supplier!?!?!?!?!? I want some satisfaction out of this...some heads need to roll!!!!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
theericharris said:
Probably.... stupid people keeping their cars AND buying scooters/motorcycles to "save" them money. It would take them years and years of driving for the motorcycles to pay for themselves in gas savings.

Eventually, $3/gal will be the norm and people will get used to it.
Actually it would be nice if gas went back DOWN to $3/gal!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Let's see, local hurricane residents are looting their local businesses. Oil companies are obviously using this as an excuse to get rich. FEMA will donate billions? of dollars of our money to help people rebuild (just to get wiped out again in 50 years). Who loses out the most? You and me. For what? I don't know.
One has to wonder why our federal government continues to aid people in areas that are obviously high risk. I mean, this isn't 1900 for chrissakes, people have cars and can move. It would behoove our govt to give incentives for people to move the fock out of places like this... california, gulf coast, florida, georgia. It's like mom nature knocks it down and I have to pay to get it back up. hmmm.
just ranting. I know I sound like an idiot.

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
cbx said:
Someone want to enlighten me as to when the gulf coast started to be our #1 oil supplier?
When supply is so close to demand (prior to hurricane) and when the refineries are shut down, it doesn't much matter how much the Gulf of Mexico supplies. Any disruption, be it political, economic, weather, what-have-you, the price was doomed to skyrocket.

The real questions now are "how long will it take to get the refineries and pipelines back on line" and "how bad are the rigs out in the Gulf?"

·
Registered
773 Posts
cbx said:
Someone want to enlighten me as to when the gulf coast started to be our #1 oil supplier!?!?!?!?!?
You're missing the point, and screaming and thrashing about won't do you, or anybody, any good. Pipelines that transport oil were also damaged (you may want to read this), so where the oil comes from is irrelevant. Prepare for the possibility of $4/gal nationwide average (regular, so even more for us).

Some subjective commentary: if this has the same effect as smacking retards over the head with a baseball bat into refraining from buying anymore SUVs and trucks (and no, I am not referring to the 1% that actually need an SUV or a truck for work/to reach their home), then it's a good thing(tm), IMHO. You can't educate ignorant people that have lived their whole life in ignorance, you can only force them (unfortunately, the big corporations also know this, and are using their whole might to make them buy the biggest moneymakers for the whole cartel - the products which will return the biggest profit for the auto manufacturers, the oil sharks, and so on, using TV as the primary weapon). A sad state of affairs, but it's true. Even sadder is that Americans like to splurge so much that buying gas at $4/gal will probably become cool as a new status thing; I can see it now -- "look at Joe filling up his new Navi with super" LOL

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Considering that 91% of the Gulf's oil production is shut down because of the storm. LINK. I can see why gas is heading northwards. Is there some gouging, of course, too many greedy f'ers out there.

Am I pissed? Sure I am. But what can you do about it? Me, I am starting to ride the bus to work every day.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
The best thing you can do is not buy gas from places you think are gouging. It's that simple.

MasTRE I believe you hit the nail on the head. Let's hope some good comes of this incident.

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
Altair 4 said:

Werd :thumbdown

Actually that place was just from yesterday since the MAIN gas line wasnt running properlly or something. That gas line is reponsible for like 85-90% of the entires states gas. HOWEVER, they did say that the government is going to be craking down on price gauging so I dont think anyone is actually going to be paying $6/gal (or at least I hope not). The funny thing about that BP is there was a LONG line there yesterday and right down the street was a Citgo (i think, could be another place) that had Premium for $2.97 :rolleyes:

I paid $3.36 for 93 today :thumbdown

1 - 20 of 49 Posts