Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a friend have been having a little dispute for tha past couple of days about which company has the cleanist & best quality gas. I think 76 has the best "premium" gas because I have driven a few peices of ish in my life and all of them ran better, smoother, and faster off of 76 gas. And theres a reason why 76 gas is the preferred gas for NASCAR. Now my friend believes that Chevron has the best the best gas because of one word, "Techron." I gotta admit that Chevron may have the cleanist gas, but as far a performance goes 76 is far superior. So I thought I would get the opinion's from my fellow B5ers to help settle this little dispute. Between these three gas stations, Texico, Chevron, and my choice 76, which one would you pull into?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've always preferred Chrevron, but we don't have 76's here in Dallas that I'm aware of. I've always wondered about "Racetrack" gas. I'm sure they go with the lowest bidder, but I've never had issues the times I did use it, and it's a lot less expensive. I just hate to chance it.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Even the highest quality gas leaving the refinery will be subject to the quality of the tanks it is placed it at the gas station.

All three of the gas stations you mentino are not available in West Michigan. I tend to pull up to Meijer (regional retailer), Shell, or Mobil/Exxon (in order of frequency).

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
dridge11 said:
I've always preferred Chrevron, but we don't have 76's here in Dallas that I'm aware of. I've always wondered about "Racetrack" gas. I'm sure they go with the lowest bidder, but I've never had issues the times I did use it, and it's a lot less expensive. I just hate to chance it.
I had been using RaceTrac for a long time after I was getting a rough idle and misfires on Exxon gas. Finally I started getting the rough idle and misfires again, so I switched to Chevron. So far so good, though I know the misfires are still there. (But when the dealer just says "it's the additives, run 89", not much to do but try different brands.)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Sunoco is by far the most popular around here, but I go for the cheapest stuff I can find. One "no name" place is $1.79/gal for 93, which is almost $0.15 less than everywhere else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
gig103
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing