Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crazy thing happened lastnight..i was heading back from the city ...racing an A6.....as i slowed down to the Toll's i noticed my car was still accelerating...my gas pedal got stuck....i was bugging out...i had to turn off my car ...cuz i was hitting the rev limiter, when it wa sin neutral.............so i had to reach down and pull out the pedal....to un jam......just curious if this happned to anyone else.......it was crazy :nervous: :nervous: :cry:

P.S. i was beating the A6 the whole time ...it was a 3.0 :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
That is scary! I guess that it is a drive by wire version. Was the hinge of the gas pedal stiff or did it get caught on something?

It has not happened to me

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it just got stuc..was driving around racing this kid..i floored it...then i let go of the gas and the pedal is still floored..so i took it out of gear ,,,abd the car was red lining..so i turned off the car..and turned it back on ....and bam red line again..was bugging.....then i looked at my pedeal and saw it still down..so i grabed it and pulled it towards me..and bam back to normal...my car was screaming...it was going pass 7k rpm...

·
Registered
696 Posts
make sure that your floor mats dont get pushed up into that corner, where the gas pedal is, because sometimes if mine slide there, they brush the bottom of the pedal, and i could see how it might get stuck. good think youre ok.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ell at first i thought the the throttle body or the cruise control button turned on or something...so i turned of the car,,,hopeing that it would correct the problem...but as soon as i turned it on it reved right back up to redline..then i felt for the pedel and noticed it was floored then i grabbed it.....this hapned on the parkway..and lal in like 10 secs...i had cars all around me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
aldolicious77
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing