Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, a while back I ordered the Phaeton gas and brake pedal covers for my Passat. I knew the brake pedal cover was going to be easy but the gas pedal cover was a lot skinnier and I heard you had to physically shave the gas pedal down. Here's the question: I was looking inside the Toureg the other day and say that the gas and brake pedal covers resemble those of the Phaeton. Except for the gas pedal is wider than the Phaeton's gas pedal cover. Does anyone know if the Toureg gas pedal cover will fit directly on the Passat so know shaving of the pedal has to be done?

Any info would be great!!! :)

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Good question and I would like to know as well. Maybe somebody could chime in with the answer.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Good question...

I know from exprience that the Golf R32 pedals DO NOT fit the Passat...but would like to make the mod to Phaeton style pedals at some time for my W8...

Anyone know which ones fit ??? :suspicio:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Why wouldn't VW just make a compatible set for us? :cry:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
The closest fit I have found is the TT gas pedal. It's almost the exact same size as the stock pedal. You still have to shave the back off, but it works.

A better question is where can we get a Dead pedal to match, that fits?

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
dapperdill said:
The closest fit I have found is the TT gas pedal. It's almost the exact same size as the stock pedal. You still have to shave the back off, but it works.

A better question is where can we get a Dead pedal to match, that fits?
Yes the other issue the dead pedal. :mad:

·
Registered
258 Posts
See my pedals... Just click on my profile and the link to my car. I have the Phaeton brake pedal, TT gas pedal and TT dead pedal. You need to shave the back of the gas pedal and superglue it to the factory plastic pedal. The end result is good.

As far as the dead pedal goes... :mad: Slice off about an inch and a half from the otherwise invisible top portion, seperate the plastic from the rubber and stainless. Then glue the entire works to a black Passat dead pedal. What a bitch! Not usually the way I mod, but hey, improvisions are necessary for some things...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts