Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a tuning magazine from Poland last week and thare is an ad for gas magnetizer. As it says you should put it on you gas line and the gas is magnetized, so it burns better. It increases the power avarage 5-15HP... anyone knows anything about it??? How does it really work? Anyone uses it?

·
Registered
487 Posts
It's total horse manure, rather like some of the swirl devices and that thing that's supposed to regulate your fuel pressure. The advertising standards council eventaully prosecuted the people advertising these things in the UK. Try putting a magnet in gas, note how nothing happens, note how the gas isn't affected by the magnet. Chemically gas is just hydrgen and carbon, neither of which has any magnetic properties.

This is a snake oil device.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did some research. I looked up some Polish web sides and I have an idea how it works. The main point is to regulate gas molecules. They enter the cylinder very chaotic, so the main point is to arrange them. This is what the magnetizer does. Thanks to this you getting better compression in cylinder, and what it gives are more power and better gas mileage. The magnetizers are also available for air systems to arrange the air molecules.

Any chemistry gurus… Is this correct???

Is it worth to order??

·
Registered
38 Posts
Absolutely. This works on the same principal as those magnetic bracelets. You can save yourself some money by just buying some of those off of EBay and bending them so that they wrap around your fuel line.

Of course as geordi pointed out, gasoline, unlike human blood (which carries a lot of iron), gasoline is not effected by magnets. This problem is easily overcome by adding a ferrious material to the fuel system. There are many ways to add iron compounds to your fuel. I usually drop a few nails into my gas tank at the same time I wash my oil. If I notice my fuel economy dropping between oil washings, I like to scroung some rust from the rocker panels of old Toyota Corrolas in the supermarket parking lot, and drop that inot the tank.

I know that ClubB5ers here are going to tell you that this is a load of crap, but I know for a fact that 100% of the people on the vwdriverswhohavebeenabductedbyaliens web site run this mod and will swear by it.

:lol:

·
Registered
150 Posts
We tested one of these products at work on our trucks because it's supposed to work even better on diesel engines....did absolutely nothing except cost us a lot of time putting the stupid thing on.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hey, if it is a really strong magnet then over time it will have a definite result. Whatever ferrous particles that run by the magnet will be trapped there. This will limit fuel flow. I am not sure if I would classify this as a benefit tho. Hey could this same thing happen if you had a magnet on you in one spot that was strong enough to actually do this. Hey don't tell anyone, but I may have come up with a new way to off people that cut you off while driving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts