Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have problem with my GAMMA radio and changer. About two years ago, i use it and it works very well. But then i was bought new radio with mp3 and unplug gamma and changer. Now, i want to sell this car with original gamma + changer. So i unplug new radio, plug changer into radio, radio into ISO connectors. Then i was asked to insert PIN, i did it and the radio start playing (only FM!). Changer looks like it is pluged (i can load or eject CD media and it shows, where is CD loaded 1-6) but when i press CD on GAMMA, it says "NO CD CHANGER". I already try to unplug/plug again, make sure, that all cables are ok, but nothing works. :(

here is the photos, but i think that all is pluged corectly

Vehicle audio Electronics Vehicle Car Center console
Electronics Technology Wire Electrical wiring Cable management

·
Registered
330 Posts
Have the exact same issue, but I believe I have the MONSOON system? (I'm not sure) I get the NO DISC/CHK MAGAZIN message - I haven't pulled the cover on the electronics - but when I looked online there was a sale on the changer itself (not the magazine) from VW Parts for like $40 I think - regularly $99.

My thoughts, replace with a new system all together - and one that has apple/android connections, or buy a new changer from somewhere online.

·
Registered
2004 GLS 1.8T
12,188 Posts
NO DISC/CHK MAGAZINE is different from NO CD CHANGER. The former means the changer can't detect/read any disks, the latter that it can't even see the changer. Most likely, you'll wind up having to replace the changer, but you MAY want to inspect it to make sure the disks are installed right way up, the magazine is full seated, and (if you can access it) that the read lens is clean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.