Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
g2 supercharged b5*pics of intake included now*

here are pics I took when the car was all put back together...
M62 Eaton blower, bigger injectors, GIAC upgraded software, Neuspeed 8mm wires, and tomorrow the evo ms intake will go on.

The car feels awesome.

It is a different feel than my k04 audi (obviously not quattro), the a4 seems torquier at the bottom end..but top end, the passat gets it hands down.

The car builds up steam and keeps going. The blower is nearly silent (except for a slight drone around 4-4500 rpm. I love it, best money I have ever spent.

some shots of the engine bay..(i am debating whether to modify the stock covers and reinstall them...who knows at this point..i can hardly wipe the grin off my face since I got in it.)

the most impressive thing...(obviously next to the awesome power) is the driveability of the car, just having it around streets..it is TAMED...idle is nearly silent, and very very smooth,
MUCH THANKS TO vdubspeed88 (local guy) (and Lord of the Rings tuning/vwaudi repair. for install and all support) He did an amazing job..and clean..as you can see.

AND MORE THANKS TO JEREMY at PES...despite a lot of people badmouthing..PES and saying how their customer service stinks..i have had NOTHING but good things to say about JEREMY..he followed up all my questions, next day air mailed my chip to be installed here locally..AND ensured that everything went smoothly..THUMBS UP TO THAT.

OH..and a HUGE thanks to the previous owner of this kit Gus. from supercharged audi..he sold it to me..before he even took advantage of it (never installed it)...and here i am having fun with it.

I love my b5 more than ever.

And apparently it is the first g2 passat in texas.:D

(there is an a4 in austin)

I already ripped up a chipped 1.8t:lol:(i know i know..not much to brag about..hehe)..

·
Grinding Gears...gone fishing!
22,619 Posts
NEED MORE TISSUES!!!!!!!!:lol:
that there is real special.
i got gas money;)
man you dont need that k&n sticker anymore to go fast...gimme it and my car will be faster.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ha..thanks guys.only reason K and N sticker is ON there is b/c some tools may take the air filter out..or so i am scared...but whatever..
i am taking that off TOMORROW..there will be pics with the evoms cold air intake....it should arrive and be completed ....

anybody want to buy a k and n filter:biglaugh:

·
Grinding Gears...gone fishing!
22,619 Posts
wickedgti said:
ha..thanks guys.only reason K and N sticker is ON there is b/c some tools may take the air filter out..or so i am scared...but whatever..
i am taking that off TOMORROW..there will be pics with the evoms cold air intake....it should arrive and be completed ....

anybody want to buy a k and n filter:biglaugh:
i got a k&n thanks..real speed producer.
i bet you cant wait to drive to work.... just to think about driving home from work. lmfao!

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
I wish I had the paper to do this and all the ancillary mods to keep it safe (namely big brakes). I wish. Failing that, living vicariously through B5ers like you is good enough. My hat is off to you sir. May you get in touch with your inner Fast safely.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Blue Blur said:
I wish I had the paper to do this and all the ancillary mods to keep it safe (namely big brakes). I wish. Failing that, living vicariously through B5ers like you is good enough. My hat is off to you sir. May you get in touch with your inner Fast safely.
hah.thanks man.
Yah dont worry I am slapping myself not buying another set of wheels right now..saving for brakes brakes brakes...the stock brakes are "adequate" but when you have that added power ..i agree with you completely..more and bigger is def safer and better.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
295 hp crank.with just the kit.
i have magnaflow custom exhaust..soon to have evo intake. and i will be getting a smaller pulley (approx 8-9 psi versus current 6-6.5 psi boost)..

sooo i am hoping for 320-330 crank. when all is said and done.

·
Registered
482 Posts
looks great! i bet it's a blast to drive. can't wait to see how it looks (power-wise) once it's dyno'd and once you have everything else done! congrats with it and good luck w. the rest of the project!

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
wickedgti said:
295 hp crank.with just the kit.
i have magnaflow custom exhaust..soon to have evo intake. and i will be getting a smaller pulley (approx 8-9 psi versus current 6-6.5 psi boost)..

sooo i am hoping for 320-330 crank. when all is said and done.
295 at the crank??? post a dyno... not speculating, well actually i am but i'm rooting for ya, i just need confirmation =)

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1.8Tttturbo said:
295 at the crank??? post a dyno... not speculating, well actually i am but i'm rooting for ya, i just need confirmation =)
295 is crank..yes...nothing too much to speculate..
the "expected" dyno numbers once tuned..should yield anywhere from 240-270 wheel horsepower. with a front wheel drive five speed manual.

dyno will come in time....dont soil your shorts;)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts