Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't see any indication that APR was/is working on anything, but thought I'd ask before I go the Revo or Unitronic route. I'm an APR fan and current user, so I'd like to stick with 'em if I can.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The answer from APR is No. Nothing in the works and no ETA on the creation of an upgrade for the 3.6. Revo it is, I guess.

·
I'm just itching to be Banned
13,905 Posts
The answer from APR is No. Nothing in the works and no ETA on the creation of an upgrade for the 3.6. Revo it is, I guess.
yeah, I didn't think they would. Tuning on the 3.6 is kind of a waste of time as far as most tuning companies are concerned.

1) Not very many 3.6 Passat's were sold. It is getting better now that the 3.6 CC is available, but once again there really aren't that many out there.

2) Most of the current owners of the 3.6 equipped Passat are more mature, and not interested in "tuning" their family sedan. :lol: they have no clue what immense benefits it has to the car.

Still, I feel the REVO chip is worth every penny, if only because it eliminates that horrendous throttle lag that is inherent with DBW cars, and the 3.6 is even worse than most DBW cars. It also makes a healthy little bump in power/torque. ;) :lol:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I take it you have the Revo chip/flash? If so, can you describe? Aside from eliminating the terrible throttle response, do you notice a change in how the power comes on?

I was looking at the Revo graphs and it looks like torque comes on a little sooner with the chip. How apparent is this...enough to notice a significant change?

Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I take it you have the Revo chip/flash? If so, can you describe? Aside from eliminating the terrible throttle response, do you notice a change in how the power comes on?

I was looking at the Revo graphs and it looks like torque comes on a little sooner with the chip. How apparent is this...enough to notice a significant change?

Thanks!
You know Revo has a sample type tune that any Revo dealer can put on your car. They basically put the tune on your car and then after 5 hours (I think) and then it goes in to hibernation mode. If you decide you want to pay for it, the dealer can activate it again.:thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts