Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sounds like a problem I had in my Grand Am yeah a different car but electricity works the same, I had to get the car inspected and the guy told me that it needed fixed so I drove it home and problem solved it by removing everything that didn't work and expected them making sure it was a bulb that was bad and then I found a bug on the dimmer switch that cause a fuse to blow every time I turned my light on so that was odd but fixed the issue. But if you haven't checked your fuses do that first then turn your lights on and if that didn't work check the fuse you replaced if it fried up, you have a short maybe a bug like I had or a wire the got loose or is grounding when it shoudn't be.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump.. any help.. i opened up my dash.. and i checked the fuse for my dash lights.. no power is being sent to the dimmer switch.. so i followed the wire to the fuse box... and no power.. anyone got an suggestions or ideas... the only choice i can think of right now is to follow the gray and green wire thats on the other side of the fuse..

·
Registered
390 Posts
Jdubu81 said:
bump.. any help.. i opened up my dash.. and i checked the fuse for my dash lights.. no power is being sent to the dimmer switch.. so i followed the wire to the fuse box... and no power.. anyone got an suggestions or ideas... the only choice i can think of right now is to follow the gray and green wire thats on the other side of the fuse..
Bro, I would check all the ez stuff first. Did you do that. Locate the fuses in the box for the things not working eg. ( dash lights, and car radio)

Pull fuse out and check them with a fuse tester. if don't have one just try changing those fuses anyway with new ones. if you've done something to your car recently any mods or repairs where wires were moved or envolved .. you can try some logical deduction to back track for possibilities.. electrical problems usually result of maybe accidentally crimping a wire bolting something up or damaging a wire while working on some areas or components of a car. Just my 2 cents .. good luck. if no luck i would say its a dealer thing. if still under warranty. _mil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts