Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've heard SAI pumps actually sound like a siren in volume right before they fail , if under Warranty we would replace them... The only way to repair one is to replace it as there is no way to lubricate it as it has sealed bearings , or disconnect it if you don't live in a state that scans for codes to pass inspection for emissions..

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
yep.....I just like everything to be in working order....no engine codes, etc...I did find a write up on how to disassemble/rebuild the SAIP from a 2.7T.....Said the problem was bearing failure...I took my old saip appart but it looked different internally..At the end of the "driveshaft" on mine the last "fan" or impeller is secured with a press-on fitting that I could not remove where the 2.7T's has a nut...

·
Registered
5 Posts
98 V6 manual

While checking all of my fuses for a unrelated issue I found that fuse 29 was blown...replaced it and when I started my car it blew again....can someone tell me specifically what fuse 29 is in relation to engine....TIA
  1. Tested relay and it is good.....hooked everything back up and fuse is no longer blowing....But the pump is not coming on....relay is getting power....any ideas...will turn on through vag-com output testing

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have solved your problem for answers callmy phone and allshare it's just too much to type with cracked phone

21 - 24 of 24 Posts