Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there I am, pumping gas into my 2000 Passat Wagon 1.8T, when I look up and notice that I've only been charged a few dollars for the 9 or so gallons that have already gone into the tank. That's when I notice this:

This was the total cost I paid for an entire tank:

It was only premium that they screwed up on, the other grades were correct:

Woohoo!!
:driving:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Awesome,
Something similar happened to me during a very cold snap a couple years back. The pump would dispense continually but the display would freeze for a second or two, so the total ended up being like 1/2 the price. I was even honest and told them about it, after I was done of course:p, and when I returned the next time same thing! So I didn't feel too bad about it, they didn't seem to care either.

Happy Pumping!

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
you should have called all your friends and family and told them to go pump and held the spot for them hahaha.
thats a nice come up!

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
stealing gas is like stealing drugs from a dealer.
they have plenty of it and they are in it for profit.
and making a killing from it.

not sayin go steal some gas or drugs....
but if i ever came across the opportunity like he did, i would most
definately go to home depot,buy a 30-40 gallon rubbermaid. and fill the whole thing up.
haha

·
he just thinks he's amazing. really. no kidding.
3,779 Posts
^A lot of the shops around here are owned privately, like a franchise. You could easily put one of them out of business in a day if enough people think like you.

·
he just thinks he's amazing. really. no kidding.
3,779 Posts
Depends on how you look at it. I'm willing to bet the posted price on their main sign wasn't $0.339... ;)

Either way, I'm done. No need to argue about it.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
The owners only make about $.09 per gallon sold (feds take over $.40 per gallon). I'd imagine this ate into that a bit, but I couldn't imagine I'd handle it any differently. Let's face it, we all could use a little break from time to time, and it seems like OP caught one.

·
Registered
256 Posts
alright im going to clearify this little they make a profit from gas.... the station its self doesnt set the price of there gas the competitors plus the company of the gas does... and so forth... so... with that im also going to make a note... you get raped by oil companys and not gas stations most places will make up to a max of .15 cents a gallon at max... when u add that up.. it aint very much... most gas stations rely on you going inside and buying a drink... btw even tho they messed up its bad karma... very bad juju :) n yes take a breathe i dont use . very much

1 - 20 of 47 Posts