Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 V6

im thinking about getting a Fumoto Engine Oil Drain Valve not to bad for 25 bucks

but it says to check your oil pan to see if you need an adapter and then it doesnt say for what or what the adapter does

so does anyone know the proper part for the Fumoto Engine Oil Drain Valve for a 2000 v6 with the nipple

btw

would you guys go with nipple or not

·
Registered
224 Posts
The adapter is more like an extention to the valve's threaded area to stick the valve out further from the pan. On the 1.8, you need this because the top of the drain plug is sort of recessed because of the shape of the oil pan. I don't know about the V6 though.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well thats a start

anyone else know if its nesscary

(also it says not to use the nipple for low ground cars)
the oil filter and teh drain plug are more or less even in the car so i mean if i was going to hit this thing i would f the oil filter anyway right?

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
Might want to consider Fram Sure-drain instead, available at your locally Wally World for half the cost of the Fumoto. Also, it is a better design of the two.

·
Registered
167 Posts
If one was to go to the Sure Drain which one do we buy with the 1.8t? I wouldn't want to take the chance of buying the wrong plug/thread for my car!

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
RayD said:
If one was to go to the Sure Drain which one do we buy with the 1.8t? I wouldn't want to take the chance of buying the wrong plug/thread for my car!
If you have the 1.8t engine, get yourself an oil extractor. Your complete oil change from top of the engine bay. No need to remove the PITA belly pan, no more crawling under neath the engine, no mess and no dirty hand. Changing oil is a cinch with the oil extractor :thumbup:

http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=79753&highlight=mityvac

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its nice to see the oil extractor cult haunts me even here

but i have a v6 and im trying to find out witch Fumoto Engine Oil Drain Valve will fit

also

sure drain = 1/2 the price becuase you end up buying an extra one after you lose the hose

Fumoto all you need is opposable thumbs if that

and to be honest im not to comfortable buying something that hold the oil in my car from walmart ( witch is were i have seen them before)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts