Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So selling this car as a whole isnt working out, if i can get a definate sell for coils, wheels and engine I will part.

KW v1 Coilovers
OEM Mercedes SL500 wheels 18x8.5/9.5
Whole front suspension redone, new tie rods, control arms, cv boots, everything
Timing belt, Waterpump and housing, pulleys, pcv system, TIP, and intercooler piping all replaced 600 miles ago.
Audi a8 brake upgrade about 3k ago, cross drilled and slotted rotors
Full fluid flush and change (brake (also all flex brake lines), coolant, etc.) 3k ago (coolant with the timing obviously)
OEM HID reps with bi xenon

Cons:
MAF is shot, runs fine without just idles a bit funny if you cut the wheel all the way to the right or left.
Drivers front fender has a small dent from towing and the wheel well area is a bit worn.
Exhaust exits under the car midway but I have the full stock exhaust to go with the car
Car has rear leather and front cloth (havnt finished the swap)

Car will come with parts I have for it (extra water pumps, original headlights, etc.)

I am located in Hermitage, PA where rt80 and rt376 intersect. Call or text anytime at 724-813-2023my name is Richard. If I dont answer leave me a voicemail I will respond when I get a chance. Feel free to email at [email protected]

·
Registered
353 Posts
Well...if you do still have this in a few months I may still be interested. The new tax season is rolling through and I would most certainly have some money to drop if you didn't want to spend the time parting it. If you do end up parting it though I very much need the full sunroof at a good price.... (aka I'm broke currently :) ) Chances are there are some other things off it I'd like.

BTW: I'm in Masury

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bixenon reps? you sure about that?
both high and low is xenon ran off the same ballast, they are two sperate bulbs one in the projector and one in the high beam housing, both 6k

Well...if you do still have this in a few months I may still be interested. The new tax season is rolling through and I would most certainly have some money to drop if you didn't want to spend the time parting it. If you do end up parting it though I very much need the full sunroof at a good price.... (aka I'm broke currently :) ) Chances are there are some other things off it I'd like.

BTW: I'm in Masury
If you are serious serious I can not part it on the account youd pick it up and your like 10min away

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not in my ownership, Only lights to come on have been gas (obviously), coolant once due to a failing water pump, but was replaced with the recent timing belt job. And a CEL for the failed MAF.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Not in my ownership, Only lights to come on have been gas (obviously), coolant once due to a failing water pump, but was replaced with the recent timing belt job. And a CEL for the failed MAF.
Thanks for clarifying...I just thought I had read a thread started by you a while back that the oil pressure light flashed at you and then went away. I must be confused...

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for clarifying...I just thought I had read a thread started by you a while back that the oil pressure light flashed at you and then went away. I must be confused...
You are correct I did post a thread about that, but it ended up being my coolant. Oh the joys of a few sips of alcohol. The local shop LOL'd when they turned the ignition and saw it.

·
Mr. Bieber 1st place WaterFest 17
4,625 Posts
No offense dude, You would probably have better luck selling this car if you lowered the price down a bit, yes you have done a lot of recent maintenance but that does not increase the value of a car with so many miles on it =/

I have personally driven this car before when the previous owner had it, fun car. Really low :thumbup:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No offense dude, You would probably have better luck selling this car if you lowered the price down a bit, yes you have done a lot of recent maintenance but that does not increase the value of a car with so many miles on it =/

I have personally driven this car before when the previous owner had it, fun car. Really low :thumbup:
What would you recommend as a fair price

·
WF16 Champion and Argumentative Wanker
9,018 Posts
Right now, any price would suffice, since you have no prices listed. But you'd be lucky to pull $5k for this car. My advice is to part out the things you can spare and then sell it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
With the mileage I asking 5k for the whole car is never going to happen. He was asking 4k for it before and unfortunately it's just not going to sell for that. There were people selling similar modded cars with half the mileage for 3k.

·
WF16 Champion and Argumentative Wanker
9,018 Posts
I think $4k is a reasonable starting price. It leaves space for him to go lower without going below his bottom line price. It's not smart to list a car for too cheap, cause people ALWAYS lowball and you'll sell for less than you really want to.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yeah I agree, just saying about what he'd actually get out of it. Like I said previously for the right price I'd buy it, but the problem is with 210k miles there is a potential rebuild in it's near future so even with the nice mods.... it's going to be hard to spend much on it really because I just rebuilt an engine in the current Passat we own and while I love working on cars this one was rushed and a pain. We do need a second car though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts