Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On My 2010 passat the fuel pump runs when ignition is off , i pulled the number 27 fuse out so battery didnt go dead . I have tried everything I could think with no luck , any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a scanner but isnt a exspensive one ,only code it was showing was p0299
Hmm, not sure if they're related, I'd expect to see a low fuel pressure code as well. I think that's something even a cheap scanner would read if it was present. Sounds like you may need to get a cable and run VCDS and see all the codes.

Out of curiosity are you sure the fuel pump was running indefinitely? It's not uncommon for them to run a bit until they reach pressure. (but also not long enough to get to a fuse before they shut off)

That's about all I got, hopefully someone that has experienced the same problem will be along shortly. Based on what you've got it sounds like either a pressure sensor is faulty, or something is restricting fuel flow so it's always starving for fuel. A VCDS scan should diagnose this problem fairly quick fwiw.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes the fuel pump runs non stop until battery goes dead unless pulling the fuse out
Yah that's weird. Either the pump isn't getting to pressure or it's mechanically dumping the over pressurized fuel back into the system, somehow bypassing all of the sensors.

If you pull the codes in VCDS and nothing shows (which seems unlikely) then you probably need to run a proper fuel pressure test by splicing in a gauge. Best of luck.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Every light on the dash is on aswell
It sounds like power is constantly on to the fuel pump and other components. I would suspect a relay either for the fuel pump or the ECM/ECU. Or possibly ignition switch or a problems with the wiring.

Which lights are on? The ones in the instrument cluster for TPMS/Engine Check/Battery etc.?
When you pull the fuse do those lights also go out? Time to find the relay that is probably causing this issue and it might feel warm to the touch making it easier to locate.
Good luck and possibly a repair manual might help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When i turn the ifnition off all the lights on the dash go away which seems to be everyone , only thing that is pulling power when key is off is the fuel pump running until i pull the number 27 fuse out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts