Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knows if a 5-bar fuel pressure regulator a good upgrade for a stock 99 1.8t turbo? :???:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yea it's a great upgrade, but won't really make a difference unless you get ecu software to utilize it ! i have one on my car, with a wett chip and a K04 and let me tell you without the pressure regulator, the car has no balls at all ! mine is actually a little bigger than the 5 bar, but 5 bar's is sufficient ! :lol:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
is an adjustable FPR useful with a stock turbo that is wett chipped??? how do u know how much to adjust it to?

·
Registered
216 Posts
B5veedub said:
is an adjustable FPR useful with a stock turbo that is wett chipped??? how do u know how much to adjust it to?
Hellz yea! You have to do a trial and error method. Start with the screw all the way down and just back off until you don't really see or smell the gas burning ecessively.

My FPR was something that Jordan from EVO suggested to me, sorry no part number. i'll try and get a pic of it as soon as possible

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Ugly, but works on 5 bar and have gauge on it to fine tune, otherwise you can buy those gauges like VDO,Autometer and put in cabin.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
is there any specific VAG-COM measuring block that would help determine where to set an adjustable FPR at??? are there easy to install??? TIA i think i might hafta get me one :D

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
B5veedub said:
is there any specific VAG-COM measuring block that would help determine where to set an adjustable FPR at??? are there easy to install??? TIA i think i might hafta get me one :D
Basicly there are 2 types of adjustable FPR.
1st- FPR that you put "in line" with existing OE FPR (stock 4bar)
2nd-FPR that you put instead of OE FPR

1st FPR you install behind OE FPR
2nd FPR you install on that same place or choose (like me) some other.Why I choose other (totaly opposite place from OE) place? Because aftermarket FPRs are prone to be afected from engine heat, when this happen you might have minor problem of cranking engine (only in case of warm engine,cold and hot is cranking on first turn of key)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts