Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, hope you guys had a safe holiday break.

Now on to business, my locking latch on my fuel door broke and the only way to open it is with a card because it doesn't pop anymore. I lost the little plastic piece and now can't glue it back on.

So I was looking at replacement options and found different ones for sale at yards and online.

I have a 2000 B5 Sedan and my question is there any issues with compatibility with wagons and B5.5s etc.

Also since LB5N is hard to find in yards and such I might need to get it painted so I called around and rough estimates are 50ish bucks. Is that reasonable ? I was hoping they would prep it properly but for that price I doubt it. I found one door in LN5Y Windsor blue but they look similar to me, how far off are they actually ?

Thanks.

·
I had a steering knuckle in my shed. Really!
4,164 Posts
Not sure if they are in Canada, but some Napa stores here have paint shops and can mix you up a rattle can based on your color code.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
My car is Indigo blue (LB5N) and I found and used another blue door at a yard that was not exactly Indigo blue but very close. I'm not sure what the paint code was but it was slightly lighter blue. I eventually found a LB5N door but when the other one was in, it was almost indetectable. Not an exact match, but you had to look close to see the difference. I might still have the non-Indigo door so PM me if that will work for you. I'll let it go for shipping cost.

It's a B5.5 door but I think they are the same as B5. I know sedans and wagon interchange, not 100% sure about B5 to B5.5.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts