Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am selling my 17” wheels and tires. They will come with your choice of either VW or Audi center caps. The tires are 235/45R17 Pirelli P6 Four Seasons. The wheels are 17x7.5 with an offset of 45 mm and are originally from a 2002 Audi A4. These wheels/tires have been on my car since August 2005.

The tires have 14,000 miles on them. The wear is even and the tread is currently at 7/32nds (63 percent). They were rotated every 5000 miles and the tire pressures were checked & adjusted every 2 weeks. I had all four wheels rebalanced in November 2006.

WHEEL 1:

WHEEL 2:

WHEEL 3:

WHEEL 4:

As you can see, there are light scratches on some of the spokes. However, the wheels themselves are straight and have no bends. One tire did pick up a nail in November 2005. I noticed it early and had it repaired right away at a Merchants. Here is a picture of the wheels on my car:

I am asking $450 picked up. I am also considering a trade for 15” Adelaides (or Wellingtons) + cash. Your stock wheels should have either all-season or winter tires with at least as much tread as the ones I am selling (7/32nds). Priority will go to those who want to trade. These wheels will be available within the next 3 weeks if you are looking to purchase them outright. If you are looking to trade, they are available right away. LOCAL PICKUP ONLY . I am located in Loudoun County, Virginia.

If you have any questions, send me a PM. Thanks for looking!

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,881 Posts
I've been looking for wheels exactly like these for a long time. would you consider shipping without the tires?

·
Confused
3,557 Posts
I have Wellingtons as well with all-seasons. Two have full tread, two are just a few thousand miles from bald (heh, I guess that averages to a little over 50% huh? :). Let me know what you'd like to do. I'm in Frederick County.

Did you lower you car as well?

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been looking for wheels exactly like these for a long time. would you consider shipping without the tires?
At this time, I'm not willing to ship. Sorry.

I have 4 Wellington's with all-season tires. How much extra cash are you looking for?
It depends on the condition of the wheels and the amount of tread left. For wheels and tires in comparable condition to the ones I'm selling, I'm looking to get around $100 in addition to the trade.

I have Wellingtons as well with all-seasons. Two have full tread, two are just a few thousand miles from bald (heh, I guess that averages to a little over 50% huh? :). Let me know what you'd like to do. I'm in Frederick County.

Did you lower you car as well?
Haha. :lol: Unfortunately, I would need more tread than that for the two that are almost bald. The 15s would be for winter use. The car is on the Eibach Pro System.

·
The "Odd" one
6,066 Posts
I have 4 Wellington's with all-season tires. How much extra cash are you looking for?
DAMN!!!!!!!!

Anyway....want to sell me just the VW centercaps??? Your audi caps look just like mine so if your VW are smaller than say the Wellington ones...LEt me know and I will buy them

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
I'll get some pics of the wheels and tires up here later today, the tread is good on two and pretty decent on the other two.

·
My intake has Emphysema
7,708 Posts
Hey boss, Wellingtons here with maybe 5K if I'm lucky on the all-seasons.
I'm in Manassas if you wanna check 'em out. I head into Sterling every other weekend.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anyway....want to sell me just the VW centercaps??? Your audi caps look just like mine so if your VW are smaller than say the Wellington ones...LEt me know and I will buy them
If the person who buys these wheels opts for the Audi center caps (although I don't see that happening on PassatWorld), the VW center caps would be for sale. I am not including both sets of center caps with these wheels because I would like to try to recoup some of the costs I spent purchasing the VW ones (they weren't cheap!).

I'll get some pics of the wheels and tires up here later today, the tread is good on two and pretty decent on the other two.
You are first in line right now. Can you get tread measurements and get back to me?

We'll see. Only if I can do an even trade since my tires are pretty new. I haven't heard anything back yet.
I have responded to your PM.

Would these rims/ wheels also fit a 1999 A6 2.8 Quattro Avant?
In theory they should fit fine, but I have not seen it done in real life.

·
The "Odd" one
6,066 Posts
If the person who buys these wheels opts for the Audi center caps (although I don't see that happening on PassatWorld), the VW center caps would be for sale. I am not including both sets of center caps with these wheels because I would like to try to recoup some of the costs I spent purchasing the VW ones (they weren't cheap!).
:poke: :whistle:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts