Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wett Chip off of my 2002 4 motion. (3B0 907 51 CG)

I've had NOTHING but praise for Wetterauer. The reason I'm selling is because the supercharger uses GIAC, so I can't use my wett chip anymore.

Cost: 205 shipped.

You'll need to send it in to Wett and have it installed. I contacted Kelly there and it'll cost you 50.00 + shipping.

Total price for you: 255+ shipping (40 dollar savings from buying new)

My impressions on the chip

As for performance increase,

much better pull in 3rd and 4th. hitting 60-80 mph is a breeze, even 100+. Like I said above, you won't feel like you're running out of power. This chip won't do anything for you off the line. You're looking at a raised powerband and definitely no flat spots. People without a chip say that a chip on a V6 is useless, but I've yet to see ONE PERSON with a V6 chip that hasn't been pleased with the power increase.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I'm second in line. Is this compatible with a 2002 GLS 1.8T tiptronic? I've already emailed Kelly with this question, but maybe it can be answered faster here.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fernie - depends on your ECU, but most likely not. You'll have to give me your ECU to confirm

gnosis - it would cost you 150 to reprogram (1.8t program rather than V6) and install.

150+205 = more expensive than buying new (I think).

bump.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts