Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys probably didn't read anything on that site. The truck is completely custom and took a lot of work to get it to what it is today. It's performance more than makes up for it's origins. It's funny that I can bet that people who post comments like this - "He would have better luck placing an ad in the Tijuana classifieds " probably have a Neon or a Saturn in their garage.
By the way, for those that are interested, the truck is being sold to mod the crap out of a MAXIMA SE.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Well you do prove a point that the people stating that may have a neon or saturn in their garage. But I doubt they tried to put a 5.0 into a car they KNOW is not worth a damn.

YUCK!!!!!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Unite said:
Well you do prove a point that the people stating that may have a neon or saturn in their garage. But I doubt they tried to put a 5.0 into a car they KNOW is not worth a damn.

YUCK!!!!!
What makes a car not worth a damm? I give this guy props for being different, espeacailly since there was a lot of custom work to get this done right. What do you think the V-8 guys (some not all) would say about our cars? Or the Passat Variant with the 2.7T swap for sale? most would probbly laugh at first glance and ask"Whats the point of going through all that?"

Though i wouldn't buy this ranger, i give it props for probbly being able smoke preety much anything it comes across. And at least its clean. :)

·
Registered
745 Posts
dsk64 - stupid ignorant racist comment. even if you are just joking its still stupid.
I would never buy this car but you dont need to diss the car this bad. You check, if u dont like then screw it, dont comment. I passed trhough this post before and i didnt like it, not my type (even thought lots of work put into it and i am sure its fast) but i didnt comment. ALSO, dont just dislike the car cuz its a ford or a honda... Its one thing here in this forum, some ppl just hate all cars but VWs or any jap car. Not all Jap cars are bad. you gotta get a mind of ur own and stop hatting just cuz everyone hates.

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
SeattleReign said:
I thought that the classifieds in this club were for B5 or VW related products... this doesn't look like a VW to me. ???? :suspicio:
Not even if I squint really hard. :lol:

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You guys, finally someone sensible commenting on this. I'm just doing a favor for a friend and I am a very satisfied B5 owner. This truck is custom throughout. It took lots of effort and money. I've ridden in it and it is a FUN toy. It's practicallity could be disputed, but same could be said for our car with more than 300 horses. If it's not for you, fine. Just don't put down someone's hard work when you can hardly change a lightbulb yourself.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
kezho said:
You guys probably didn't read anything on that site.
Umm excuse meeeeeeee...I read the sight. I wasn't in any way putting down the workmanship. I just simply stated that it's a Ford Ranger :puke:
No doubt it took loads of work and probably limps down the street at a reasonable pace. I just think the drivetrain could have been used more tastefully in a different car.

my .02

kezho said:
If it's not for you, fine. Just don't put down someone's hard work when you can hardly change a lightbulb yourself.
Why change the light bulb when I can get someone else to do it.. :p

If your refering to working on cars...my friend and I swapped two motors last week in two different cars in three days. So :p

(just playin btw)

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
D.Passat00 said:
Got something B5 or VW related to sell? Post here. (No commercial posts please)
Hey be nice I was just pickin on the guy's truck.

Also, it's not his truck it's the guy who works on his cars.

But this should be over in Anything Auto or Off Topic since its not a VW.

No crime here! I guess I should've been nicer in my original post.

Sorry

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.