Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
For sale is my Thule Rapid Aero Bar Roof Rack System that I bought exactly a year ago. I originally paid $600 for everything.This rack system is coming off of a B5 Passat but will fit other cars as well, you would just need to buy a fit kit specific to your vehicle. Are for those of you who are not familiar with the Rapid Aero Bars, these would be the ones that are more of an oval shape and are made out of aluminum so you don't have to worry about rust. I am located in Utica, NY and would prefer local pickup or a could drive to meet someone but I do want it sold so if it had to come down to it I would ship.

Make me an offer!

edit: the OP says, $350 OBO. Make me an offer.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I'd buy just the fairing if available. If not, could you please let me know what size works for our cars? Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not really trying to break up the kit because if you don't have a fairing with these bars they can be very noisy. Also, if you go on Thule's website and punch in all your car info in the fit guide it will tell you what exact size you need. I believe you would need the 44" Fairing which is part #872XT.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Not really trying to break up the kit because if you don't have a fairing with these bars they can be very noisy. Also, if you go on Thule's website and punch in all your car info in the fit guide it will tell you what exact size you need. I believe you would need the 44" Fairing which is part #872XT.
Thanks, I have the rapid aero bars, and they whistle at low speeds. Thanks for the info, it seems I tried to figure it out on their sight and never could, so I gave up. GLWS, it's a good set up and your $250 price is a good deal.

·
Registered
266 Posts
will it fit on my 2002 B5.5 sedan? because i might be interested but im in michigan so you would have to ship. with shipping i might be interested starting at 200 and negotiating, considering there is another one for sale for 200.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just so everyone knows the exact part #'s and the original price of each, here is the list:

- Thule RB47 Rapid Aero Bars 47 inch - $149.95
- Thule 480R Rapid Traverse Foot Pack - $189.95
- Thule Fit Kit 1035 - $84.95
- Thule 872XT Fairing 44 inch - $94.95
- Thule 588 8-Pack Lock Cylinder - $89.95

Once again, I live in Utica, NY and if it is easier to text/call my number is 315-525-8117, my name is Mike. If I don't answer, leave a message.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just to confirm, this rack set is for a car WITHOUT roof rails right? My wagon already has rails so I think I'd need different feet. Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts