Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*****UPDATED*****

2 Point upper is $105 Shipped. Use your existing bolts but discard the washers.
4 point lower brace (5 Spd) is $105 shipped. Use 2 of your existing bolts and other 2 are supplied.
4 point lower brace for Tip cars will be available soon.....

As a disclaimer...the welding is not the prettiest and neither is the paintjob...but the welds are strong and bars look good mounted.

Pics below are of some of the bars I've sold here. I make these bars once they are paid for and usually takes about 4-5 days before I ship em. Post what you are interested in and PM me as well...Thanks.







Pic of a 4 point one I made...not making these now:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
30vVT said:
I want a upper 2 point strut bar. Please send me your info so we can get this going! Thanks!
Check your PM

ryan8186 said:
Noob question- How do these attach to the car?
The upper attaches via the bolts through the shock tower that hold the shocks...you will use your existing bolts. Probobly a 10-15 minute time to put one in.

The lower attaches via 2 existing bolt/nut that hold the mount...and the rear two bolts and nuts will be provided and attach through pre-existing holes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK guys...I made 7 upper braces the last two days and they are all sold except for one 2 point brace and I am waiting to hear back from 30vVt to see if he still wants it. I won't have as much free time rest of the wee/next week...so if you want, i will wait for you to pay and promise to ship within 2-4 days (most likely 2 but want to cover myself).

I've got 3 lower braces ready to ship...they can be shipped with 1 day of receiving payment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Passat_B5 said:
OK guys...I made 7 upper braces the last two days and they are all sold except for one 2 point brace and I am waiting to hear back from 30vVt to see if he still wants it. I won't have as much free time rest of the wee/next week...so if you want, i will wait for you to pay and promise to ship within 4 days.

I've got 3 lower braces ready to ship...they can be shipped with 1 day of receiving payment.
last one sold to 30vVt...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think they will fit under it....then again I havn't tried. Can one of you post a pic of your car with the rain gaurd and with it removed. I should be able to make one that will work
 

·
Founder of the STFA
Joined
·
8,667 Posts
I alraedy have an AWE DTS. Can you do a 2 point front subframe brace like the blue one you have on your car in the pic?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
AHHHHHHHHHH I want a 4 Point upper. I would like a Lower but need to see if it will Clear my Skidplate coming in. Take Money order or ChecK????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
b4 addict said:
AHHHHHHHHHH I want a 4 Point upper. I would like a Lower but need to see if it will Clear my Skidplate coming in. Take Money order or ChecK????
Check your PM

ONE8T said:
I alraedy have an AWE DTS. Can you do a 2 point front subframe brace like the blue one you have on your car in the pic?
That pic is not of my car...I got the pic off of passatworld. But, I can make you a 2 point that will work with you DTS or a 4 point. I don't like the blue ones in the pic because they use rod ends on each side which allow movement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
Just to clarify I was referring to the cowl rain gaurd, not the belly pan. Can't tell which you are referring to.

C
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
g60dubster said:
How does the lower one compare to a C-bar??
Someone correct me if i'm wrong....but the C-Bar is essentially square tubing running across with 2 hole drilled into it for mounting. Mine is similar but has the 2 extra mounting points for added strength/support.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Everyone who bought one so far.....you'r are boxed and ready...waiting for FedEx to pick up. I am about to PM your tracking numbers to you.

Please do let me know how they work for you...if there any fitment issues let me know and we can work them out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
I'm interested in a lower tie bar but i'm in the UK, would you be prepared to ship?? (i know it would probably be around $60 to ship USPS)

BTW, my cars a 2000 1.8T manual
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
g60dubster said:
I'm interested in a lower tie bar but i'm in the UK, would you be prepared to ship?? (i know it would probably be around $60 to ship USPS)

BTW, my cars a 2000 1.8T manual
Check your IM
 
1 - 20 of 165 Posts
Top