Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heres a quote from F.monger on the intake...

F. Monger wrote:
I got mine today! Installation was straightforward, took about 2 hours (I took time to clean my maf).

This thing made my car LOUD. Accelerating sounds like darthvader is in the dash or something. I have a forge 007 DV and It sounds like a full-on blowoff valve now! The turbo whine is also louder... This thing really turns pedestrians heads too..

I also did some logs with the vagcom...
I got a slight improvement in airflow (although it could be due to maf cleaning)
3rd gear, block 2: [email protected] before would get 130-142 g/s, now: 140-147

Intake air temps were about the same or slightly higher than usual. Thats what I expected since the air is being sucked from under the hood now.

The airfilter itself is made entirely of metal.. It looks really good, but i'm not sure how good it will be at filtering..

I'd say this package is a much better value than the evo intake

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Any ill effects as far as A/F mix too rich/lean; mpg; engine codes; crap in the engine; etc.?

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Jdubu81 said:
as for crap in teh engine.. dont really understand that one.. are you talking about like leaves??
It gets really dusty around here in the summer. You'd mentioned yu weren't sure how good of a filtering action the cone gave and I was wondering if high-dust environment ewould cause problems. Don't want to have to put a vacuum-cleaner bag over the end of it.

:D

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
flying_scotsman said:
Jdubu81 said:
as for crap in teh engine.. dont really understand that one.. are you talking about like leaves??
It gets really dusty around here in the summer. You'd mentioned yu weren't sure how good of a filtering action the cone gave and I was wondering if high-dust environment ewould cause problems. Don't want to have to put a vacuum-cleaner bag over the end of it.

:D
i dont remember stating that it didnt do a good job at filtering but just to let you know im in arizona.. so if anything dust would be a major problem here... and of course i guess if youd like you can aways get a different cone if your worried.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Jdubu81 said:
ACraig said:
Got a pic ?

Just wondering, I was part of the Group Buy for the Cold Air Intake too, took the Combo option.

Strangely, there's no extra pipe/hose for my Air Filter? Does yours come with it?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Loverboy said:
Jdubu81 said:
ACraig said:
Got a pic ?

Just wondering, I was part of the Group Buy for the Cold Air Intake too, took the Combo option.

Strangely, there's no extra pipe/hose for my Air Filter? Does yours come with it?
not really understanding your question.. which piece are you refering to?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts