Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The motor and the wires and the toggle switch are all brand new, never been installed. asking for 130 shipped. this is a 2.5" kit.

All you need is to buy this $45 2.5" Y pipe to weld it to your exhaust from below. It could be weld to any size of exhaust by using an adapter, and any exhaust shop should be able to supply that.

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/index.php

·
Registered
9,414 Posts

Imagine twin turbonator with twin QTEC................... raw power @ the flip of a switch !

were you really going to try to put that QTEC thing on your B5.5? ?

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Imagine twin turbonator with twin QTEC................... raw power @ the flip of a switch !

were you really going to try to put that QTEC thing on your B5.5? ?
don't be such an ass bk. before comparing it to a turbonator, do your research... it's a decent mod. it's 1/5th the cost of full exhaust and just as effective, if not more. plus it's sounds loud and aggressive as heck.

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
don't be such an ass bk. before comparing it to a turbonator, do your research... it's a decent mod. it's 1/5th the cost of full exhaust and just as effective, if not more. plus it's sounds loud and aggressive as heck.
when are you getting yours installed? :hmmm:

yep, i have one on my car if any1 is interested in hearing it, if ur local.
are you serious ?????

·
Registered
11,873 Posts

are you serious ?????
I think you are missing the idea of this mod, you install it at the bottom of the the DP. Its a weld in application(you could make it a clamp in install also). You gain better flow by reducing the restrictions.

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
.... so when your driving and you need speed you hit the switch & Unleash the Raw Power of the QTEC does it sound like your muffler fell off?

·
Registered
6,596 Posts

are you serious ?????
incidentally, i didn't know about this mod until after i purchased my first exhaust, from authentic. he sold me his neuspeed to get this, so YES, he's serious. it's a bit loud for my taste but it definitely does not sound like a fart can, and it's probably the meanest sound you'll hear on 4 banger.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah u hear the turbo spooling liek crazy.....BK, well have to meet up sometime after the new year, so u can hear this
well said, this thing increases the flow; it's like turning your stock exhasut into a 3" free flow exhaust by a switch. OMG 1.8Tttturbo, you are going too fast man, already in 5th gear....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts