Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD... THANK YOU

For Sale: Front Black Brembo 6 pot/piston calipers of 2005 porsche cayenne. Those calipers came off a low mileage cayenne and come with pads with plenty life left and all the hardware (except mounting bolts). Those are the same calipers that ecstuning.com uses on their stage 5 BBK. There calipers have some cosmetic flaws from storage. As some of you may know, Porsche came out with 3 different color calipers on cayenne, but they all the same calipers, cayenne came with black calipers, cayenne s came with silver calipers and cayenne turbo came with red calipers. Asking price $550 shipped and fully insured or Best offer. For some extra money I can get them powdercoated any color at local powdercoating shop if anyone interested. PM or email slayerrule at operamail.com

Update: Those calipers were used on cayenna with 350x30mm rotors

actual pictures:

for references: http://www.ecstuning.com/stage...e%205

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how many modified passat do you see vs. modified mk4 gti/jetta :confused:
mk4 brakes fit passat/audi a4. that is why we, us passat owners can install a8 brakes using audi tt brackets, and audi tt is based off mk4 platform... dont forget im just selling calipers only

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did you have these on your passat? what size rotor do these fit?
no i didnt have those calipers on my passat due to my car running on 17 inch shoes, and i cant tell you exactly what size rotors those calipers fit. all i know they gotta be big :) ill try to find more info....

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,883 Posts
he's just selling the calipers - as in, just about everything for braking you DON'T see here (save for the brackets, which aren't here and he's not selling those either), save for the red pieces - he's got some of those, but they are black.
is everyone thoroughly confused now? I am! :lol:
bump.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
mk4 brakes fit passat/audi a4. that is why we, us passat owners can install a8 brakes using audi tt brackets, and audi tt is based off mk4 platform... dont forget im just selling calipers only

the only parts from the TT we use don't have a bolt pattern drilled into them. ;)

I realize you're selling just the calipers but is there a caliper bracket available that will work for a B5? the carriers and spacers are different from a MkIV.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
he's just selling the calipers - as in, just about everything for braking you DON'T see here (save for the brackets, which aren't here and he's not selling those either), save for the red pieces - he's got some of those, but they are black.
is everyone thoroughly confused now? I am! :lol:
bump.
repeat after me........ r-e-f-e-r-e-n-c-e :hmmm:

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
Think about what you just said....

The MKIV Platform CANNOT use the A8 rotors because they are 5x112 which is why we can. The TT carrier works becuase the TT rotors are the same thickness as the A8 rotors, thats it. We CANNOT use MKIV brakes. Period. MKIV brakes are drilled 5x100 so they will not fit.

We CAN use thse calipers, fatsheep over in Tiwain did it on his car, but you need to find someone that can make brackets/carriers for them because I dont think there are any readily available. Unless the B6 A4 kit works...

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
You might have an easier time selling these in the Touareg forums, try clubtouareg.com and Vortex's Touareg classified, seeing as how there will likely not be much if any adaptation to fit it on the Touareg.

Seeing as I have a Touareg I was tempted, but my allowance for car stuff has been spent for the next couple of months.

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
might just wanna look for a 2005 porsche cayenne owner thats in need of front calipers that need painting.... Porsche fourm maybe ???

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
You might have an easier time selling these in the Touareg forums, try clubtouareg.com and Vortex's Touareg classified, seeing as how there will likely not be much if any adaptation to fit it on the Touareg.

Seeing as I have a Touareg I was tempted, but my allowance for car stuff has been spent for the next couple of months.

We already have these calipers....just without the Porsche lettering. ;)

·
Registered
28,344 Posts
Rotors are the problem.

·
Registered
28,344 Posts
The radius is not the same, so the pads will not be in proper contact. The 345x30 would at least be close.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts