Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a brand new pair of grooved bilsteins sports for the front of 97-99 low-vin B5's. I bought these, but they don't fit my car. I have a 2000 and I have the late-vin perches. These were purchased from ecstuning.com.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
wait, is this a pair as in 2 shocks only? if they're for four, tehy're mine :D but if only two, I guess I'll pass. I just looked at the price, shocks, and bilstein, and got trigger happy!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
you can get four on special for $348 from some bimmer store. There was a thread on what struts the passat takes. When I came across, and noticed the link to a special, I sent it to the top of the general discussion forum.

·
Registered
26,811 Posts
If they are grooved,they fit both high-vin and low-vin.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Nope, according to their site

"ECS Grooved Bilstein Sport Shocks, front - priced each
Up to vin #12121 in model year 2000 **Allow 6-10 business days before order is shipped** "

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ECS Tuning's website has the vin# wrong, it should be up to 121221. They left out a digit which is why I bought the wrong shocks.

·
Registered
26,811 Posts
The only difference between high-vin and low-vin shock is a 10mm difference
on the shock mount for the perch plate. The grooves allow for that adjustment.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The perch from my stock shock just slid right over the shock mount. I think the shocks for high-vin are thicker than the low-vin shocks. My problem has nothing to do with the height adjustment, the perch for high-vin's wont fit the low-vin shocks from ecstuning. I should have got in on the neuspeed bilstein group buy.

·
Registered
26,811 Posts
Now I understand. The Nuespeed use a collar that fit over the adjuster ring
and into the perch. Does ECS not do this?

·
Registered
26,811 Posts
I would contact ECS. I don't see how you could use the shock without it. The
perches are interchangeable,so the shock body is not wider for the high-vin.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts