Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat
11,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FS: One Slightly Used Newer Style Switchblade Remote/Key Part.

Doesn't work with my car, therefore I'm selling it.

Part#: HLO 130 959 753 AM (It will work with 2002+ Passat's and Jetta's)

I would like to get $25 US plus shipping.

My e-mail is: [email protected]

<![CDATA[Doesn't work with my car, therefore I'm selling it.

Part#: HLO 130 959 753 AM (It will work with 2002+ Passat's and Jetta's)

I would like to get $25 US plus shipping.

My e-mail is: [email protected]

[Modified by mrgreek2002, 5:11 PM 10/30/2002]

·
Registered
254 Posts
Re: FS: One Slightly Used Newer Style Switchblade Remote/Key Part. (mrgreek2002)

Hey, interested & sent you an email. Also, just today I figured out and successfully modified one of these newer-style keys to work with my 99. Let me know if you're interested in doing the same. I'm buying this one to put together a second key so both my wife and I can have one.

lemme know bout shipping please! [email protected] thanks

<![CDATA[Hey, interested & sent you an email. Also, just today I figured out and successfully modified one of these newer-style keys to work with my 99. Let me know if you're interested in doing the same. I'm buying this one to put together a second key so both my wife and I can have one.

lemme know bout shipping please! [email protected] thanks

[Modified by CrashRat, 1:32 AM 10/31/2002]

·
11,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: FS: One Slightly Used Newer Style Switchblade Remote/Key Part. (CrashRat)

I'm pretty sure it will not work with a '99 because I tried it and it didn't work on mine. I know for a fact that you can get this style remote to work on a '99 but that one has a different part #, even though it looks the exact same way.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Re: FS: One Slightly Used Newer Style Switchblade Remote/Key Part. (mrgreek2002)

According to my local VW dealership there are only two switchblade keys. the part number ending in F, for the early models, and part number ending in AM for the later ones. I got what I wanted by purchasing one of each off Ebay, swapping the guts (some cutting and epoxying is necessary), and ending up with a newer style 'F' key and an older style 'AM' key. Both function and I"ll just sell the older style AM key on Ebay for a reduced price. I'm sure somebody will still want it for a spare. Anyway I do want your key so please let me know what shipping will be to 97215. Thanks!

·
11,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: FS: One Slightly Used Newer Style Switchblade Remote/Key Part. (CrashRat)

Trust me I know 100% that there is an F (2000 style) that will work on a B5 and there is also a newer style remote which part number ends in T (2001.5 style) that will work with our B5's 100%. However, the AM part # will not work on a B5 at all no matter what you do. They are the updated T but look the exact same and will only work with 2002+ model VW's.

Hope this helps you out. So you would be looking to by a newer style remote with the part number ending in T.

<![CDATA[Trust me I know 100% that there is an F (2000 style) that will work on a B5 and there is also a newer style remote which part number ends in T (2001.5 style) that will work with our B5's 100%. However, the AM part # will not work on a B5 at all no matter what you do. They are the updated T but look the exact same and will only work with 2002+ model VW's.

Hope this helps you out. So you would be looking to by a newer style remote with the part number ending in T.

[Modified by mrgreek2002, 6:23 PM 10/30/2002]

·
Registered
254 Posts

okay, well maybe my dealer is totally inept or even lying. I went down there today and got my switchblade rekeyed and both their parts and service departments tried to convince me I needed to bring my car back tomorrow to have the immobilizer chip 'programmed' to my car or it wouldn't even start with the new key. They said this would take "about an hour" and cost me "$89". I walked out to my car, started it with the key they gave me, and programmed the remote in less than 15 seconds once I got back to work. I'd kind of like to believe dealers would know best but after that little experience and now you telling me for sure there's a third kind of switchblade out there I don't have much faith left. Well thanks for the additional info and I guess I'll just look for a T key. I remembered seeing somebody post about the T key in a previous search but when I saw searching again earlier today I couldn't find it. I just wrote it off as a typo or me reading it too fast. at $25 plus shipping i'm sure you'll sell this one no prob.

Thanks

·
11,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks for the interset anyway's CrashRat.

Anyway's, this is still up for sale for the same price.

·
Registered
331 Posts

I'll take it.. just friggin' broke the top of my key .. the part that was connected to my keyring. How much for shipping? Going to '11426'.

How do you want to handle payment?

<edited, for typo's
>

<![CDATA[I'll take it.. just friggin' broke the top of my key .. the part that was connected to my keyring. How much for shipping? Going to '11426'.

How do you want to handle payment?

<edited, for typo's
>

[Modified by kifil032, 12:03 PM 10/31/2002]

·
11,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: FS: One Slightly Used Newer Style Switchblade Remote/Key Part. (kifil032)

Great! I'll accept a Money Order and I'll find tomorrow about the shipping.

I'll e-mail
you and we will exchange information.

·
11,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Sold.
Please Lock This Thread.

Thanks!

<![CDATA[Sold.
Please Lock This Thread.

Thanks!

[Modified by mrgreek2002, 12:30 PM 11/1/2002]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.