Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought them last week, not sure if I'm going to keep them. They were very expensive but nice of course. They might be up for sale, any interest?

They're plug and play with any B5 & B5,5. Just connect one wire to the sides turn signals or A-pillar. Powered and heated, not painted. Mirror glass has split vision (drivers side) and are asperical.

They're for now sale:
Price: 400$ incl. shipping.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I would like to see some one do this mod to there car. It does not sound all that expensive when you consider that other after market mirrors cost about 100 dollars less and you have to modify your car to install them thus requiring you to take the car to a body shop. Staffan I recommend that you install the mirrors on you car since the job seems to be a bolt on and plug in job. You can tap the turn signal wires inside the car since the conncections are right there in the foot wells. If you are not ready to paint the mirror housing yet give a shot of black primer or some satin black until you can have them color matched. Whenever you get the mirror painted you can also have the fender lights painted to match the care as well. Oh by the way do you have the mirrors that go into the mechanisms? :thumbup:

·
Registered
201 Posts
i am interested in the mirrors. i want to know how much it will cost shipped to 08901 New Brunswick nj. please reply as soon as possible.,

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i am interested in the mirrors. i want to know how much it will cost shipped to 08901 New Brunswick nj. please reply as soon as possible.,
3kg is 45$, but I need to check how much x-tra for insurence. I have sent things across many times and (touch wood) nothing has happened so far. But we need to insure this, or what do you say...?

Looks like insurence is only 10$ extra, so total 505$. Only paypal and no credit card transfers. I have a personal account.

·
Registered
464 Posts
the turn signals are nice, however i find the shap of the 04 mirrors annoying as hell. The wat the top is curved, It's like the mirror was clipped, restricting your field of view. every time I get back in my 2000 I recognize how much of a difference it makes. it's kinda like the difference watching widescreen format tv. takes a lot getting used to the different aspect ratio.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I might be interested, but first I have to ask a body-shop about whether it is possible to remove the existing side blinkers and cover up the holes for a reasonable price.

How much would you want in SEK and where in Sweden do you live (maybe I could pick them up if you are near the border)?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Price reduced. Now 450 incl. shipping. Paypal only.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts