Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
~LOWER PRICE~ $500

Bought from my local dealer couple of weeks ago, with hopes of swapping it but since bought a new car. Just looking to recover my cost..Again this is BRAND NEW OEM 6Speed Manual Transmission. Still in crate from Factory. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions. Transmission code is GVD.

$600 shipped to a Business Address with a dock, additional $75 if a lift gate is required.

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,899 Posts
what engines does this fit? what's the diff in the final drive ratio compared to the 5 speed? this is a front wheel drive tranny, yes?

·
Registered
26,644 Posts
I am sure it is the Audi 6SP FWD trans that was on clearance. It has a much lower final drive/overdrive combo, so rpm at speed would be about 15% lower (than the V6 trans) from what I have read.

The mounts and shifter would have to be fabbed, but it is well worth the upgrade. If it fit a 4MO, I would have bought one.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what engines does this fit? what's the diff in the final drive ratio compared to the 5 speed? this is a front wheel drive tranny, yes?
Yes it is for a FWD, from the b7 2.0t series
"B7 A4 and B6/7 S4 6spd have 3.89 final drive"
"B7 2.0t 6pd has lowest gearing for hwy crusing ~88mph/3000rpm, even the 5th in 2.0t is longer than 1.8t 5spd trans"

^From Audizine

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Far as I know you can use a B5 S4 6 speed sift linkage, W8 6speed, B6 or B7 6speed...the tranny housing is the same as the 01E.

I believe but cant comfirm as long as you have a v6 tranny support brackets it will fit using stock brackets..if you have a factory 1.8 you eaither have to swap subframes or make a bracekt.

The mounts and shifter would have to be fabbed, but it is well worth the upgrade. If it fit a 4MO, I would have bought one.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
far as i know you can use a b5 s4 6 speed sift linkage, w8 6speed, b6 or b7 6speed...the tranny housing is the same as the 01e.

I believe but cant comfirm as long as you have a v6 tranny support brackets it will fit using stock brackets..if you have a factory 1.8 you eaither have to swap subframes or make a bracekt.
there ya go bmman93

·
Registered
26,644 Posts
would this bolt onto a V6 if the bellhousing was swapped from the existing tranny? :)
The bellhousing is not a separate part of the trans. The bolt pattern is unchanged between the engines, so it should bolt up to the engine.

·
Registered
26,644 Posts

·
Registered
26,644 Posts
so you think this would bolt right up to a 99 B5 V6, Paul? hmmm....
It will bolt right up to the engine. There have been several B6/B7 owners who converted to the 6SP S4 trans and that is identical to the 2.8 bolt pattern.

You might have to splice the connector for the speedo. The axles should work, but I don't know if the output flange size ever changed. If I had a FWD, I would have bought the trans already.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You'll have the make a harness for the reverse lights,but the VSS will work fine without any hacking...Axle flanges should be able to swap over but I cant confirm.

Still for sale Btw

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,899 Posts
damnit. some new transmission come with a clutch - does this one?
(I'm trying to justify not buying it...but losing!)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Honestly, I havent even opened the crate it came in. Just buy it Jay, haha all you would need would the shifter linkage from a s4,b6 A4, w8...and some fulid and
BAM . You've got the only B5 Passat with a 6speed on this side of the pond.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts