Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of Neuspeed Sport Springs with Bilstein Sport shocks.

I finally installed the KW Variant 2s I've had sitting in my garage, and this was my old setup. I've had this on my car since mid2000, about 45K miles on them, but the Bilsteins have a lifetime warranty and you can't really mess up the springs.

Asking $300 for the suspension............SOLD

Also have a set of 4 16" Audi Swing wheels with OEM Dunlop SP Sport 8000E (205/55/16). Tires have 8/32nds of thread depth. Asking $550/obo for the wheels/tires.

K&N filter in for OEM airbox. SOLD to Quality sound.

Prefer local sale (Norcal) but will ship at buyers expense.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Paul, are you talking about the Pleasanton GTG on 3/5/04.
I'll be there and I'll bring the K&N. :thumbup:

I checked the Neuspeed website and they have different part numbers for the V6 and the 1.8T so I guess the springs will only work on 1.8Ts.

BONUS: I just remembered someone gave me front Sachs Springs from a Sachs tuning kit. It's rides a little lower than the Neuspeeds and should make the front and rear wheel gaps even (Yup, with the Neuspeeds all around, the rear wheel gap is less than the front). Free with the Suspension purchase :D

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Springs and shocks will fit on Wagons. I know for sure cuz my KWs were from a wagon.

The ride on the Neuspeeds/Bilstein combo was good. It was smooth, like Audi's sport suspension but exhibits less body roll. Handling wise, they are a lot better than stock. Eliminates the floaty feeling of the stock suspension. And the ride height was good, a little over 2 finger gap so you don't really have to worry about scraping and bottoming out. I really liked this suspension setup, I just wanted something that can go lower, that's why I installed the KWs. I mean the KWs handle better but at the expense of ride quality and to be honest, I don't really need the extra handling ability. The Neuspeeds/bilsteins handle really well and still retains a comfortable ride.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
FastPassat said:
I have a set of Neuspeed Sport Springs with Bilstein Sport shocks.

I finally installed the KW Variant 2s I've had sitting in my garage, and this was my old setup. I've had this on my car since mid2000, about 45K miles on them, but the Bilsteins have a lifetime warranty and you can't really mess up the springs.

Asking $300 for the suspension

Also have a set of 4 16" Audi Swing wheels with OEM Dunlop tires. Tires have 8/32nds of thread depth. Asking $500/obo for the wheels/tires.

K&N filter in for OEM airbox. SOLD to Quality sound

Prefer local sale (Norcal) but will ship at buyers expense.
Did the Bilsteiins come from Neuspeed as in grooved? Evidently the front perches are not adjustable?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's the part #s:
Bilstein Fronts are B36-2081 (not from Neuspeed = no extra grooves)
Bilstein Rears are BE3-2533
Neuspeed springs are 55.10.60

Instead of extra grooves, I'm providing 2 different springs for the front :D
The black ones are made by Sachs and is about 0.5" lower than the Neuspeed. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
7 Participants
FastPassat
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing