·
Registered
290 Posts
Will these work on an 02 1.8 tip?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Flash4o said:
if i had to make a WILD guess, id say between $40-$55.

ups is usually pretty good.

should be quite a bit less. Just had springs AND struts (one big box) shipped to Cali from the east coast and it was like $33. It was via fedex.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm working on getting a paypal account set up. If I buy these, this would be my 1st online purchase. I guess it takes a couple days to verify bank accounts, so I hope they last until then.

I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
252 Posts
BTW..I take my B5 on some road trips once in a while, usually only 100 miles or so. Would these springs make a trip like that too uncomfortable? I'm looking for added performance, but I don't want to give up too much comfort.

TIA

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
as far as the shipping cost...you will only pay the exact amount ups charges me...$30 something sounds about right, i just threw a guess out there. im only looking to hook a fellow B5'er up..ive had only GREAT experiences here and want do the same for others.

as far as a 100 mile long trip, i dont have any experiences, so i cant comment, but maybe others will chime in?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
dkelly said:
BTW..I take my B5 on some road trips once in a while, usually only 100 miles or so. Would these springs make a trip like that too uncomfortable? I'm looking for added performance, but I don't want to give up too much comfort.

TIA

I would definitely like to have them on a trip. The Neuspeed Sof's aren't harsh. But it depends on the struts you will be using, too. Prolly a good idea to break them in a bit before a long trip.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I have softsports/bilstiens and done 800 mile trips, plus I do 70m a day. Some bumps are definately uncomfortable, but the overall handling change is so intense I wouldn't have it any other way. Maybe a tad less stiff, but overall I love it. Last road trip was SoCal to Montery for the ALMS round last October. Hwys 198/25 etc were a friggen dream. My Teens still talk about it, even got some great "air" or a switchback! :D

Saddly mines in the body shop, think the Insurance Co will total it. Huge Bummer!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'll be running stock shocks for now. I have to take baby steps with modding. Don't want my wife to notice too much at one time. Thanks for the info.

Sounds like a good change for the car. This is a stellar deal!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
dkelly said:
I'll be running stock shocks for now.
Should be no problem then, and this price is ridiculous. I'd have already purchased if they were for a V6. Bilsteins (per the post above) are the harshest shock (other than Koni Adj. set to their stiffest). That is probably the main reason some of those bumps were uncomfortable.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts