Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KO3 sport turbo for all B5/B5.5s. Came from an audi with 26xxx mi. Its in great shape, no bent fins or shaft play. I bought it to replace my turbo but didnt need it as replacing my oil pump took care of my issues. PM for pictures.

·
murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat
11,168 Posts
He wants ~ $400 + Shipping.

Sorry Nare, I got really busy these past few months and finally decided to get a regular K03 with the same part number as my stock turbo, the number ends in "L". I didn't want to have any issues with local mechanics on how a different part number would not fit my car, etc. So that's why I went with the "L" part number, so there would be no question as to whether it will fit or not.

Thanks anyways man!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jeez, excuse your ignorance? excuse mine if you would in the process! :) all i know is there is some thread completely explaining this, something about modified internals and so on. I dont believe it flows as much as a K04 but more than a K03. You'd have to query one of the experts, let me see if i can find the thread.

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
Just remember on the article, the K03 Sport units the writer is talking about are OEM units taken apart by somebody like Eurospec and machined and refitted with different components. Greedspeed, Neuspeed and others use to sell these units, but I don't think very many are still around.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
ONE8T said:
Just remember on the article, the K03 Sport units the writer is talking about are OEM units taken apart by somebody like Eurospec and machined and refitted with different components. Greedspeed, Neuspeed and others use to sell these units, but I don't think very many are still around.
the problem with the modified ko3's is that they are modified to unknown specifications, unknown quality and reliability.

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
D.Passat00 said:
the problem with the modified ko3's is that they are modified to unknown specifications, unknown quality and reliability.
:thumbup:

Definitely not like fabricating an intake or an exhaust!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
D.Passat00 said:
yep, which is mentioned in the link i posted. however, this doesnt imply poor specification, quality or reliability. unless you want to run this turbo at the very edge of its capabilities, there will be no issues.

further discussion, though, should take place in another thread please, since i'm offering a turbo for sale, not a discussion point.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts