Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
Do you know what the K is? (I dunno how to ask that question). What's the temp/brightness/blah. :confused:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I'd snatch these up, but there's work I'd need to do to the housings on my A6 to get them to work. Did you pull these from a good set of lights?

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the bulb holder for the A6 is still on them ..
the A6 headlights that these were on was not NON HID headlights
direct plug and play but you need to get the 9006 power plug that goes into the ballast....

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
My lows are H1, the D2S bulbs were in the newer A6's. Like I said, there'd be some work involved.

Thanks anyway and good luck with the sale!

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
Do you know what the K is? (I dunno how to ask that question). What's the temp/brightness/blah. :confused:
The K is the color temperature. What it means is, you would have to heat any object (it doesn't matter what, but very few objects can get this hot without burning up) to a temperature of 4300 kelvins (subtract 273 to get celsius) to get it to glow the same color as these bulbs. That said, light from hot objects (like lightbulb filaments) is full-spectrum and is more pleasing to the eye, whereas HID, LED, and fluorescent lights are not full-spectrum. They only have a couple of colors of light in the mix, whereas traditional bulbs have ALL colors of light. That's why traditional bulbs are better for seeing, though it's difficult to get them as bright as HIDs can be.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts