Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The part number is 4B0906018p but it was reprogrammed to giac 91 octane 4B0906018BG. Program version 018bg08.v08
It worked perfectly on my 2000 ATW 5spd manual.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
And before anyone asks, it will ONLY work on the 4B0906018BG 2000 ATW 5spd manual. PERIOD.

And keep this at the top, it's a SMOKING good deal. I have a chip in my 2000 ATW 5speed or I'd buy it in a second!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
358 Posts
very interested...4B- 906-018 BG this si my engine code ..so this would fit correct....hypothetically if i buy this would that mean iw ould have two ECUs ? one spare and one for operating my car

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pa'spassat said:
very interested...4B- 906-018 BG this si my engine code ..so this would fit correct....hypothetically if i buy this would that mean iw ould have two ECUs ? one spare and one for operating my car
Yes this will fit. I am selling the whole ecu.

·
Registered
358 Posts
very interest by tomorrow i will give a decision hopefully a yes..still in a slum between manufactures but if its still available tomorrow i will most liekly take it..justa two questions how many miles on it, and why you selling it (if you dnt mind) ...i Really want this so i will give you a hopefully positive response tomorrow Saturday 2/18/06

·
Registered
508 Posts
mileage doesnt make a difference when you're purchasing an ECU. ECUs are supposed to last the lifetime of the car.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
JayTheSnork said:
I don't suppose it would work in my 99 v6 5 spd then.
The chip for the v6 is not even close to the same. No, 1.8t chip will not work for you, recode or not... it's a whole different ECU setup than the 1.8t.

Also, there is only a few set-ups that you can recode for. I'm surprised they were able to recode the P to BG but nice to know it works. In 2000, and 2000 only the trans was hard coded to the ECU and there are two distinct 1.8t ECUs, one for the auto and one for the 5 speed. I've been down that road searching for ecus over a year ago and in several cases learned the hard way. Also, the AEB is normally a non-DBW car and I'd be surprised if you could recode a DBW computer to work with the older non-DBW (DBW= drive by wire, no throttle cable)... It's not just software it's the hardware of the ECU that is different. I could be wrong but when I was searching, that is what I learned and what I found out from places that chip the ECUs. If you have the BG and a 2000 1.8t (ATW) 5-speed, this is the one for you!!

Bump, although it looks to be sold! :D
-Cody

1 - 15 of 15 Posts