Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to be a B5 passat owner so I thought I'd throw these out there and see if anyone is interested in them! I am looking to sell/trade my Black Leather Porsche Boxster front seats. I had them in my MK5 GTI. Seats are wired for power and I will include the OEM Porsche wiring harnesses as well as the custom bracketry and bolts necessary to bolt them directly into your VW (or other car - may have to drill 2 holes on each bracket). I Would be interested in trading for a set of 18" or larger rims/good tires or a set of Audi B6 S4 Coils. Im looking for $600 cash for an outright sale. Please email me if interested (as I dont really come on this forum much anymore) - akintzi at gmail dot com.

Here is the link on VORTEX for my for sale thread:

VWVortex.com - WTT: Porsche Boxster Black Seats for 5x112 wheels

·
Premium Member
4,536 Posts
Groan... So much want. So little cash. GLWS! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
4,536 Posts
I like this idea in principle, but I think I would miss the power/memory functions. I did look very hard at the MkIV VR6 leather fronts I found yesterday, I am sooo tempted if they would work. I always like the sport seats in my MkIV Wolfsburg Jetta, and I think the VR6 seats are just leather versions of the same with power and memory. Does anyone know how different the MkIV seat rails are from the Passats, and if the seats are significantly different in any way dimensionally? I really shouldn't cause I am really, truly trying to pace myself, but I may HAVE to go back to Maryland tomorrow and pick those if they will fit, or fit with minimal mods.

:wrench:

O.P. sorry for diverging here. Back to business... GLWS!

·
Registered
471 Posts
i put manual black leather gti seats in my passat, and they fit easily by just extending the back rollersabout a half inch on each side. i just used washers and a longer bolts of the same diameter. thats all it took to have them slide right in. had it done within an hour. only other thing you need to reuse the bolts that secure the front of the seat, the 2 in the center lower front of the seat. the gti uses diff bolts, but overall its a very easy swap. if you need any more info let me know, i dont have power so cant advise on that, but the harnesses on the gti seats match right up to the passat harnesses. good luck, they are a great swap the bolsters are so much better the hold you in place better and just feel all around better that the passat seats. even my wife was like, wow i like your new seats, now i dont mind riding in your super low car nearly as much...haha

·
Premium Member
4,536 Posts
they are a great swap the bolsters are so much better the hold you in place better and just feel all around better that the passat seats. even my wife was like, wow i like your new seats, now i dont mind riding in your super low car nearly as much...haha
Jackpot! I am soooo going picking tomorrow morning. Hope they are still there!

O.P. again sorry for thread jacking. Back to business for you... GLWS!

·
Resident a-hole knowitall
15,711 Posts
keith, if you want to keep the power and memory just strip the passat seats and move the foams and leather from the mk4 seats over to them, thats what i did with my GTI sports i put in my passat, the metal seat structure on the passat and GTI are the same except for the mounts that turb5o described above.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still for sale/trade. These do have the oem harnesses that when wired up, do have power. They have the ratchet adjusters like the VW for height and power for the tilt of the backrest. I had them working in my mk5 gti no problem. C'mon, someone wants them! Trades are considered too! Email me at akintzi at gmail to discuss/negotiate!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts