1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New VW factory sport front sway bar
From european sport suspension package 1BE
Fits all sedans except W8 1998-2005
includes factory bushings (use original clamps)

Great upgrade if you already have a Nuespeed rear sway bar

$80

·
Registered
613 Posts
is it sedan only? i have a '99 1.8t tip wagon with a 28mm rear sway bar that could really shine with one of these

looked at neuspeeds website and they do not distinguish between wagon and sedan so i'm assuming that 1be front sway bar is interchangeable as well.

you have pm

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wagon already comes with a 29 mm front sway bar. I'm not sure if this has a heavier wall thickness though. My old ETKA CD only works on windows 95, so I can't look it up on this computer

·
Registered
28,337 Posts
Wagon already comes with a 29 mm front sway bar. I'm not sure if this has a heavier wall thickness though. My old ETKA CD only works on windows 95, so I can't look it up on this computer
The wagon bar is hollow, the 1BE is solid. Same diameter, so the 1BE will be stiffer. I would only add the front bar if you already have a rear bar (or plan to get one).

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
This bar weighs in at 20 lbs.
And it appears to be solid, and not a tube that was bent into shape and had the ends crimped into a flat shape like the stock 27 mm bar that my car came with.

Fired up the old computer, and lo and behold ETKA still works. the suffix L is for 1BE, sport package. The std wagon sway bar has suffix M

Soooooooo. IBA suspension (with the A standing for your standard American suspension) is 26.8mm hollow. Wagon gets 29mm hollow. 1BE Sport (the one for sale) is 29 mm solid

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry I have been out of touch for a bit. Sway bar is still available, and I will be around this week and most of next week. Then two weeks away in South East Asia and Japan. Since I am not on Club B5 a lot anymore after buying the A4, it is best if you e-mail me or PM me.

For shipping, do your own legwork. My zip is 07628, yours is XXXXX. Go to the UPS store website, and put in 20 lbs. It will tell you how much.

If you are ready to buy, add that number to 80, and e-mail me a valid paypal e-mail address and I will ship it out right after you acknowlege the paypal

Thanks for your patience. Too many silly questions over the past few months with the things I sold here.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would advise against adding a bigger front swaybar on a stock suspension. It will make understeer worse

1 - 19 of 19 Posts